I have encountered an issue with how battles are working vs. how I think they are supposed to work. The first screen snapshot below shows the Combat Rating information for my fleet. Specifically, note that it has 39.6 kinetic attack which should mean that, once in range, my kinetic weapons should be attacking every battle phase since the cooldown for Railguns is 1 as shown in the second screen snapshot. However, that does not appear to be happening. My fleet consists of 3 Battleships and 1 Cruiser, all of which have Railguns. The third screen snapshot below shows that in phase 9 all 3 of my battleships fire their kinetic weapons, but in phases 10 and 11 only the cruiser fires its kinetic weapons.
The fourth screen snapshot below shows that in phase 13, only my cruiser fires its kinetic weapons after which it is destroyed leaving my 3 battleships still alive. However, after firing their kinetic weapons in phase 9, none of my 3 battleships fired their kinetic weapons until phase 21. This cannot be right!
Here is what I suspect is happening:
- My battleships have missiles in addition to their kinetic weapons.
- Missiles have a cooldown of 12 phases.
- My battleships started firing their kinetic weapons in phase 7 when distance was 467 km.
- My battleships fired their kinetic weapons again in phases 8 and 9 and then did not fire them again until turn 21 (12 phases later).
- My battleships fired their missiles in phase 12 (see the fifth screen snapshot below).
- For some reason (a bug!), the code controlling firing frequency decided to not allow ANY of my weapons to fire for 12 phases including my kinetic weapons, which are supposed to fire in every phase once they are in range.
Obviously, I cannot be certain that this is what is happening, but it is a starting theory.
Here is a link to a save that will let you recreate this issue:
Here are the steps to follow after loading the save:
- Select the fleet named "Ankra Fleet XII".
- Attack the Arcean fleet named "Lapra Fleet V" located in the adjacent cell down and to the right.
- After losing the battle, look at the Battle Report.