Those are suggestions. But non-stop complaining is useless. That poster literally dumped on every suggestion without a positive thing to say. There are valid criticisms, but if they're not constructive they're not useful.
When they said "Here are things the community can do that makes a difference to developers (not just RTS games but any game):", I wasn't complaining, I was merely pointing out what was wrong with those suggestions that were listed.
They never asked for suggestions on how to improve things, and I said, the expansion could be better, we just don't know yet.
Hindsight is 20/20, yes, they admitted they made mistakes about the game, and there isn't anything that we can do to fix that now, that shipped has sailed, yes, there was patches that fixed some of the issues, but, it still turned off lots of people, and it is extremely difficult trying to get them back without offering some bonus things.
If you want suggestions then...
- The game needs more tutorials/scenarios to cover everything about the game, most people don't look externally at wiki pages or anything else.
- In game help is far more effective than anything available externally (which would be a toggle, that could be turned on/off)
- More unit types, more defensive & offensive hardpoints, lots of people miss base building!
- Different terrain types
- Weather effects (that actually play a role in the game, like your visibility will be down in a heavy snow storm)
- More maps (and a easier way to make them)
- Ability to make new units (I suppose this would be for modding)
- A SDK & docs to let modders fully explore what is possible
For the MP side of things, I can only think of one sure fire thing that will get people to play it, but, obviously won't be liked by the devs. That is, make a game that is free to play for MP, like some weekend a month. That will open up the flood gates, but, that would also let in more idiots to mess with games.
Lots of my friends also want to do MP games, but we want LAN, not via external servers. This is why lots of older games are still being played as well, they offer LAN support. We have no use for ranks, ladders, tournaments or anything else.