When building worlds (my strat)
- have a triangle with 1 growth, 1 food hub and 4 farms (at the very least) on any world. Plan for it from the start. never be pop capped. Never have a pop cap way higher then your actual pop.
- population is the only component that is limited by time and can not be attained throughs starbases.
- have solid manufacturing in order to not be reliant on rush buying stuff for you colonies. A Hive or a Durantium Refinery is an excellent early improvement for that purpose, but other manufacturing buildings will ahve to suffice for most races.
- every system gets a shipyard. If there is no manufacturing worlds they can still supplemen the fleet with medium ships.
- specialize your world. Considering you can build a lot of starbases for your planets, it is fin to have only like 33% of a colonies improvements being specialization.
- also there is coecerion, with in my build any world is a hybrid manufacturing research or in very rare exceptions a manufacturing economics world.
Income slider: 12/44/44 in W/R/M
Military Slider: 0% military early on, unless a colony ship needs to be build and I don't have the money to rush buy it.
- mixed manufacturing/research world. Get manufacturing capital reasonably rearly, use that manufacturing to either build more colony ships or a research capital and other big improvements.
- sometimes I also add my trade improvements here
- If you can't maintain >85% approval or close to it, don't be afraid of dropping down to 40% or so.
- approval is gained by: technology, starbases, galactic achievements, improvemens on planets (in that order).
- one: this can be remidied later, not having enough population can't.
- two: you lose 10% productivity by going from 100% to 85% approval, 10% by going from 85% to 60% and 5% by going from 60% to 40% approval (i.e. 100% production at 40% approval, 125% at 100%)
- rush colony ships or scouts.
- wealth is for maintainence, not for rush building.
- priority stuff (gaia vortex, research cloisters, big ships, ...) can be rushed with access wealth if available
- income comes from: trade, income modules on starbases, tourism, economic worlds (in that order)
- be nice (trade, open borders, maybe non-aggression) with your neighbors and start researching military only if a war is brewing.
- start building warships when some acceptable level of military tech is reached or war unavoidable
New colony strategy:
- colonizers only bring 0.5-1.5 pop (they are much more useful working in the manufacturing capital and colonies will develope pop over time anyways)
- usually my build order for new colonies is manufacturinhub (or hive if possible) -> hospital -> farm or manufacturinghub -> farm -> hospital.
Sidenote: normal AI doesn't cheat for upgrading ships as far as I know.