Definitely full credit to Thecw for spotting the discrepancy. Hopefully it speeds up the fix.
Yes, big thanks to Thecw for that quick find!
As for further help, not sure I can offer any more other than expanding on the original solution. My custom faction has a custom shipstyle, which was crashing the game after the update. What I had to do was open up the shipclassdef.xml file that I created for my faction, and change the tag for the basic constructor, which was the offending blueprint. It sounds complicated, but it really wasn't.
So you just went in and changed the tag like quoted here? "In the ShipClassDefs.xml for the constructors the tag <StaticBlueprintDef> is now replace by a <BlueprintDef> tag." So you just changed your custom ship's tag to be <BlueprintDef>? That does sound simple. I already use Notepad ++ for Lua script editing with DCS but never wanted to mod this game. Actually, I really don't care that much for ship designs much anymore as I have found that my play style has gravitated toward staying more zoomed out so I miss all that great artwork that has been done... When I create my own ships I just use existing designs to save time...
As recall, you were using custom shipsets via Gaunlet's mod, etc. Unfortunately it is likely you will have to wait for the modders to update with the fix, unless you want to go fishing through the modded shipclassdef files yourself. I think Gauntlet is onto it, so you shouldn't have to wait long!
Yes, I finally tried out Gaunlet's mod a little while ago and that seems to be the culprit as he includes custom ship designs. All the other races I downloaded in the past didn't have that. The only "customization" to them were the portraits, logos, and backgrounds. I also noticed Gaunlet's thread and am sure he'll address things pretty quickly as he has supported his mod quite well to date from what I've seen. Thanks for the reply.