I simly don't understand the thought process behind Government update aka game destruction. Nobody asked for this! Whenever you consider to change core game function you should think about this:
1) You DON'T repair what is not broken.
2) You also don't change things without even asking how community will react about this huge change.
3) Games are about playing with "things". Why on earth you take away from us option to do something. Add stuff? Sure go for it but DO NOT take away what was already working very well. What retarded thought process was there to destroy entire empire production management??? There are many people like me who like the option to play around (you see, play, having fun!) and get the best out of every planet. We love to make planets our way and serving our needs of situation. Sometimes I want one planet being a giant factory and why not? Am I not the supreme ruler of my race? I want planet to have insane production and I see nothing wrong with it. Is it against logic? Totally not. On other hand I cant see a simple reason why I should be forced into building certain planets because of some implemented cap or impossibility to do proper management.
4) If you want this game to be easier to play for lazy people (and this game is certainly not for those, come on, we love insane galaxies, xy races, turns that take forever, not a click machine) just give them some EXTRA other ways to easy manage while not being so effective.
5) If you want to add something useful for us micromanagement lovers add 100% focus button and make planetary projects to work even when planet is set to 100% research or income. Other way I have to put every income and research planet on 99% having that 1% going production so reserach/income project gives the benefit into the needed area.
This game is otherwise awesome, I play it with my brother a lot. Now we refuse to play this because it turned our current game into lost cause, with our planets being totally useless. I also refurse to play any other map till this thing is restored or just quit playing this game. It is huge impact, even more that you can imagine. It is like with terraforming. We loved to make awesome planets in the endgame. You took it away from us. Mod community does great work with repairing mistakes but those don't work in multiplayer. Please allow mods in multiplayer so we can at least play this game the way we want by the help of our modders.