Here's my list of gripes:
1) When using a constructor with multiple modules to build a starbase, I have to click to build the base, then click on the remaining constructor, click to move it OFF the base and then click again to move it BACK to the base. Really? I mean... do we really need to have to do this? I seem to remember that before this last patch the reduced constructor was just put 'on' the base and could be used. Can we go back to that?
2) Seems to me something changed with system and planet abundance. I used to get more planets and closer together; the last couple of games, with abundant stars and planets, I've been lucky to get 2 habitable planets out of 25 stars. Either I'm having a RNG run of bad luck or something is badly off.
3) Resources. Even on the lowest possible setting it is possible for every person in the Galaxy to have their own durantium mine, which has no use or value except the aliens all think the stuff is rarer than Latinum and will trade their wives and children for it. And Elerium and anti-matter... I just run up a few mining techs and then equip all of my ships with Prototype weapons, no need to ever research anything else. Can we please get some reasonable distribution curves for resources? I've taken to just shutting them off...
4) The designer defaults to show ALL designs. And so I click on User and delete an old design... and it defaults to ALL, so I click on User... I design a ship... and can't see it because the list defaults to ALL. Please let it remember what I've selected before and default to that.
5) On the map, once I've seen a pirate (or at least a pirate starbase) there should be SOME symbol on the map even if it is no longer in scanner range. Airplanes that can't see a hazard on radar still know where it is because whoever saw it first, mapped it. This would be a small change but a nice one.
6) When I'm in the UP and I vote on a proposal, the proposal resolution graphic blocks out how everyone voted. Please fix this or don't bother trying to show me how they voted. I mean, I have no info to help predict how they vote, so I guess I don't need to know what they actually did either, but if you are going to show it please display it so that it can be read.
7) Fleet naming. Add a ship, rename the fleet. Take out a ship, rename the fleet. Abandon renaming fleets as another nice feature made useless by having to redo it over and over and over.
8) If you are going to have the planetary wheel, SHOW WHAT HAPPENS TO GLOBAL LEVELS when you change it. And show on the planetary page whether a planet is under local or civilization production - and show WHICH GOVERNOR if any. Please. Really. Please. It's not the micro, it's the hard work and many clicks it takes to assemble the information you need before you can do the micromanagement.
9) Defensive systems are too 'blocky'. I'd like to see them broken down to smaller values - less combat value, cost, mass and all. This would make them much more usable especially with mixing and matching.