Loving Beta 2 - Having lots of fun! I do have a request/suggestion regarding star names though:
I find myself happy with 90% of the star names --- however --- the other 10% are dreadful. So how about a something like this:
Granting us the ability to click on a star and from a menu, either;
a) Permanently Reject/Block the current name of the selected star (so the game will never access it again, automatically replacing it with another random name from the xml file (names like 'N Y S P 4231' or 'MULKMULKMULK' are simply out of synch with the game feel/style).
b ) Permanently replace the current name of the selected star to another of your choice (this choice would overwrite XML data of the star in question with your own variation or new name). - Quite often I am encountering star names that are ALMOST okay but a slight modification would make it acceptable for me i.e. 'Shazbot 19512014' to just 'Shazbot' for instance or 'MULKMULKMULK' to simply 'Mulk' or 'Mulkmulk')
c) Replace current name of the selected star with a new name of your own (thus adding a new entry to the xml table). This option would simply rename the star without modifying any of the original star xml data keeping the unwated name in the mix.
I know I can do this in the XML file but as I said 90% of them are okay but weeding through the star XML file is laborious. I would like to be able to address them in game as I encounter them.
I also do not want an option to just 'turn them off' as the majority in the list. are great. Some simply just need capitalization, a space to separate two words or removal of superfluous numbers after them.
Also the ability to manually name black holes would be quite awesome. I like that they are not named by default but it would be fun to name them as you encounter them.