1) Range scaling. I understand why larger maps might need large ship ranges. But this was way over scaled in GC2. It didn't matter how large a galaxy you start with it still feels small. It should also scale with the number of habitable planets or better yet be able to be disabled by user setting.
What are you talking about. Are you suggesting that they should eliminate life support; I wouldn't mind having unlimited range. If you are talking about the little range you start out with, and not being to make it longer. Then my question is why do you want to eliminate this, so I cant explore the galaxy. Can you clarify what you are talking about.
2) Planetary Governors. You should be able to save them so you don't have to make the same ones over and over from game to game Also they should specify by improvement type and not specific buildings. So instead of xeno bank, it should just have financial improvement. It shouldn't 0fill out the planet right away after being selected. It should be selectable from the main colony screen. (I disabled the pop up because it blocks a large portion of the planet, you know the part I use to decide what governors I should use!)
Here's my idea for planetary governors. I would like to be able to set my planetary governors for the whole game not just for one planet at a time. I would like to be able to que certain governors for certain classes or types of planets. Even though I had a civ wide setup I may still want the ability to go back to certain planets, and reset the governor for that specific planet. I would like to be able to save different profile governors to use later, possibly certain kind of governors for certain classes or types of planets. I would like to see more governor options.
I also would like to have a default que I could set for building basic improvements every time I colonize a planet. It would not have to pop up in the gnn news untill I was done. I would like to be able to set my options like not upgrading certain buildings; until, I was done with certain other buildings. Not terraforming certain tiles until I used every last available tile on the planet. Not auto upgrading improvements until my income is more than my expenses. Being able to set things like not building or upgrading a farm until my population is almost maxed out. Not building entertainment centers until my approval on a planet or for the civilization falls below a certain level. Upgrading certain buildings for certain buildings. This is desirous when you trade, and you find that building certain buildings first and building a different building type next is desirous. researching and trading may cause this.
I would like to be able to set a certain kind of ship for when you build a starport. Lets say a colony ship. I would build this until my population falls below a certain level, and then there would be a setting for another kind of ships. I also would like to be able to set planets to build constructures when a resource pops up, and start building something else until it finds another resource when the starbase is fully upgraded. I would like to be able to set the empire where the higher population worlds would build colony ships and start transporting colonists to lower population worlds until they even out.
I would still need to be able to turn these options on and off. I would like to have a way to set these options globally, and be able to change these governors globally all throughout the game.
3) Auto explore. Should bring up a dialogue where I can select random patrol, random unexplored patrol, traditional explore. Random would pick a random spot in range and the ship would go. Random unexplored would (try) to pick a random unexplored spot in range and go. Should there not be a random unexplored spot it would just go to random spot. Traditional would be the default explore the 'w' key already does. (Though perhaps you would be improving or deprecating this already?)
I would like to be able to patrol a certain range of space instead of not going anywhere. I also would like my patrol ship to stop a planetary invasion. This shocked my when my ship was patrolling or guarding a planet It would let planetary invasion ships go and attack a planet without trying to stop them.
3b) Automate anomaly exploration should have the option to fallback to random patrol if there are no anomalies in range.
Or the fallback to random explore when you run out of anomalies to survey, but when a anomaly appeared on screen to go back to auto surveying. I would like to be able to set my auto survey to the nearest anomaly; even when another of my survey ships picked it first
5) Mining governors. I understand you are doing something different then the mining asteroids that were in the previous games. Until I understand more about the replacement I am going to point out that mining asteroids could have used a governor. So that I could have them go to nearest planet still building something, or nearest planet with a star port. Or to a planet of my choice like the home world.
Maybe set them to change planets when a closer one becomes available, or let you to be able to choose a certain class level of planets to beam asteroid resources to. Maybe types of planets, or your home planet. Setting the asteroid governors to beam the resources to certain kind of planets only like population, economy, research, social, or military production. Having to option of beaming every asteroid resources in the empire to only one certain planet.
6) Colony list and build queues. They should not snap to the top of the list with every change I make. If I want to purchase a few improvements from the colony list and they are not at the top of the screen, tedium ensues.