Every planet should have 1 ONE automatic legion so a single transport can't overrun them
heck , even one drone would stop this tactic maybe armed with a single laser just for a further deterrent
please fix this
perhaps the population should have a proportional amount of legion granted to make invasions harder and more realistic. as it is many planets have absolutely no defense and the AI does not take adequate precautions on invasions. I find it difficult to defend as well since you have to have generals stationed to have legions that can not be spread around to several colonies as needed.
this is why I choose the paranoid ability giving ships to all my colonies but the AI does not have this luxury unless I edit all the races or the few that have it , do have it.
I used a citizen for 1000 production the citizen disappeared and the improvement made no visible progress. Still said 9 turns to finish before and after promoting the citizen
the promotion for scientists for unlimited turns on a tech is too powerful or at least the AI should use it against you, which I do not believe it does. It should be limited to a percentage of the research and not just hand you any tech regardless of cost I think.
Also, the trading screen and main screen often do not display number of turns to research , N/A appear instead especially after loading a saved game
Are the Silicon rock eaters supposed to eat promethion ? this is illogical and also defeats the purpose of them starting with durantium nearby
I'll try to help with this
1. Legions: This was stated as intentional, once you have destroyed the enemy's fleets, the war is, for all intents over, giving each planet a legion just prolongs the inevitable.
2. Promoting a worker: Did the improvement finish on the next turn? I've had that happen to me before, where the UI doesn't update, but the project still finishes on the next turn.
3. Promoting scientists: It IS powerful and I agree the AI should use it as well.
4. Getting N/A for research turns: I believe that the number is based on the research points you made last turn, but that number is apparently not saved with the rest of your game. I often get a different number then the correct one on smaller maps when I have picked up a large number of anomalies on the previous turn.
5. Promethion and Silicon life: Probably a balance issue when they only need one resource to grow.
Maybe Derek has some official answers?