Still have the issue where an enemy ship/fleet follows your ship/fleet all over the map once it detects it. Even though the enemy may have only 2 range sensors, it invariable follows you like a puppy dog - even if you first move 'east' to get out of it's sensor range, then dogleg north and are 6 or seven squares away...the enemy ALWAYS seems to choose the right direction to go instead of picking a random direction to search.
This is cheesy and can be exploited too easily...i can make an uber strong fleet chase one of my tiny scouts endlessly as long as it has 1 more move than they do.
Issue has been around for a long long time....
Other things I have discovered:
- I cannot interact at all with Minor Civs, though the AI can.
- Tech tree is buggy - lots of times in the diplomacy screen (and on the main Technology window) it will show N/A for tech times...you have to go to the tree and double click on the tech you are researching then go back to the diplomacy screen to see the correct values.
- When you open up an opponents world through the espionage screen, annoyingly it kicks you all the way back to the main window when you close the planet view instead of returning you to the espionage window - adds multiple clicks and slows the game down and it is quite frankly clunky and amateurish mechanics.
- Same vein - you cannot cycle through enemy planet screens like you used to be able to - you have to close the planet screen, reopen the espionage screen, reselect the race and reselect the next world - quite frankly a feature breaker for me - too darn many clicks and takes way too much time to see what the AI is building and where you want to place a spy.
- Can place a spy on one of your worlds but cannot remove them.
- Cannot promote or move diplomats - how the heck are you supposed to place them and what do they do?
- Lack of example tutorial for citizens overall - I love the feature but damn if I understand it entirely.
- On Commander promo screen it describes the type of ship you can upgrade to but there are no stats. Would be nice if the rollover had ship stats in it so you can make an informed decision on promos.
- Tool tips in general are vague and lack enough detail to really figure out how to do things. I have spent too many hours saving and trying out different actions to see what they do - really slows the game down and I am sure I am missing some really cool stuff...which brings me to the last point:
- Lack of a 2.8 player manual documenting all the cool new features - 3.8 is really a different beast compared to earlier versions.
- Those are the ones that come to mind for now...but let me say this is by far the best version of GC3 so far, love playing it.