Newest Updates Bring Players What They Asked For:
New Fan Requested Features, Reduced Wait Times,
Improved Game Balance and More
For a detailed list of updates, view the changelog at the bottom of this post.
Faster Load Times
Data management used to be handled by an external, single-threaded process. This caused some headaches with certain anti-virus programs that would flag the behavior. Our adjustments merges the new data manager with the game and multi-core, making your wait time fly by when loading up a new game.
This update also includes our first pass at procedural planet building for the AI. Essentially, the AI looks at the state of the galaxy, its empire, and its planets, then uses this data to prioritize what should be built on its planets.
The majority of the update has been dedicated to fixing issues that come back to bite players way late in the game. If you enjoy multiplayer, you'll be especially happy about some of the adjustments! Also, we've worked in some commonly requested features like being able to toggle between turn number and date, making planetary improvements more destructible, additional balance updates, and more.
The v2.7 update is ready and waiting for you in your Steam client!
If you haven't already joined the Crusade, the expansion is available at Stardock, GOG, or Steam.
www.galciv3.com | www.galciv3.com/crusade
We've removed the need for bat files in the game to compile data. Data is now compiled by the EXE. The big upside is that updates won't be flagged by AV software as suspicious. A bonus side-effect is that it also improves the startup time.
Modders: The game now scans both your base game and Crusade folder on startup. Previously, it would scan just the Crusade folder.
- AI increases the odds of building farm improvements if it is running low on food
- AI more aggressive in terraforming tiles.
- AI more aggressive in building up planets before switching to durational
- General AI improvements to what citizen type it will choose based on galactic conditions
- Minor balance pass on Crusade tech tree costs based on recent changes on benefit from improvements.
- Made many of the planetary improvements destructible again based on player feedback
- Removed Megapolis improvement as it is now redundant
- Balance pass on costs based on community feedback
- Increased the money/power cap to 1 million
- Updated the Entertainment Center to use the same stats as Crusade
- Administration Centers now provide the correct additional administration
- The AI no longer queues starbase modules it can't afforded
- Added game option to show Turn as a date. Can also click on the date/turn string to toggle between them.
- Fixed issue where you couldn't use the mouse wheel to scroll the startup popup unless the mouse was over the scrollbar itself
- Fixed sorting issue for ship designer functional components
- The UI is now more responsive while doing stuff with the Steam overlay.
- Fixed issue where asteroid system was checking for ownership changes constantly, instead of at the beginning of each turn This was producing false alerts for asteroid bases culture flipping
- Fixed crash at the end of the game. On large maps and/or long games, the game was still processing turn stuff in the background while it was trying to upload game results.
- Fixed issue where global modifiers were not being applied to the player (eg. Galactic Events like Blood Lust)
- MP: Fixed a desync that happened around turn 200.
- MP: Fixed a desync related to mining bases and influence areas.
- Fixed a few crashes related to the game to access hidden screens