Galactic Civilization III: Crusade v2.13 (Released 5/11)
We are very pleased with the reception Crusade has received so far! Glad you like it!
We have also received a ton of feedback and, unfortunately, cases where the data from the base game crept into Crusade.
Note: The ludicrous maps sizes and tech tree updates available in the opt-in are NOT in this release. We'll include those in an upcoming update. Opt-in save games NOT compatible with the live version.
== AI updates ==
- Deciding "ships to build" moved into the planning phase so that it can better keep track of its ship inventory
- If Minor races get ahold of a ship (like constructors via ideology) they now will do something with them [hat tip: GalCiv Discord https://discord.gg/JN2XH6A)
- AI less inclined to build war support vessels
- Only expansive civilizations will try the colony rush strategy now. [hattip: GalCiv forums]
- AI players that are at war with everyone won't bother to build freighters [hat tip: GalCiv Discord team: https://discord.gg/JN2XH6A)
- Fixed a bug that was introduced in GalCiv 1.9 to improve multiplayer where credit transfers are sent as a message. This caused the AI to not be properly charged for rushing ships.
- AI prioritizes getting resources for its starbases over economic ones early game.
- Better Spy handling
- Broad, overall improvements to AI for dealing with player threats, creating bigger fleets, etc.
- AI will not try to recruit various citizen types until much later in the game
- AI does more evaluation on its economic status when determining whether to train a citizen as an Entrepreneur
- Trade: The AI does not add any more offers if the offering party doesn't have the credits/resources to back it up.
- Increased odds of AI building transports, training generals.
- AI builds resource improvements better
== Hull Changes ==
- Tiny Hulls:
- Cost reduced from 11 to 10
- Logistics reduced from 2 to 1
- Logistics reduced from 3 to 2
- Cost increased from 56 to 60
- Cost increased from 128 to 150
- Logistics increased from 7 to 10
- Cost increased from 432 to 500
- Logistics increased from 10 to 12
- Starbase: HP reduced from 100 to 50
== Balance ==
- Took away the Leader's +1 to raw production on every planet [hattip: GalCiv Forums]
- Hull Reinforcement ship module HP boost reduced from 20 to 5 [Stop Brad's cheese tactics]
- Scavenger Mission moved from Colonial Engineering tech to Interstellar Survey [hattip: GalCiv forums]
- Military Academy cost reduced from 200 to 75
- Xenophobic race ability now provides 100% boost to social and research on a planet but a 75% penalty to ship production.
- Synthetics granted trade techs
- Wealthy ability provides +1 to raw production on every world in addition to the money it provides
- Starbase cultural forum influence increased from 0.5 to 2
- Starbase Information Hub increased from 1 to 4 influence per turn
- Starbase Interstellar change influence increased from 1.5 to 6 influence per turn
- Starbase interstellar embassy increased from 2 to 8 influence per turn
- Central Bank improvement now doubles colony wealth and increases +1 gold per turn for each level
- Market Center provides 5% more of a wealth bonus per level (up from 1%)
- Other wealth based improvements now match market center bonus levels.
- Reduced improvement maintenance.
- Galactic wonders now generally provided an improvement bonus.
- Sneaky no longer gives you a spy turn 1, gives you espionage tech
- Drengin forced to be Merciless (they have an image to uphold)
- Commander now increases the logistics cap of a specific fleet
- Mo money from missions
- Recruit citizen project and similar ones are given a secondary type to allow the AI to better identify them
- Conqueror Ability provides +1 to shipyard construction and a 100% to legion quality. No longer gives invasion tech.
- First level Xeno farm is allowed for aquatic factions again.
- The Research Institute improvement now gives 7.5% bonus, not 75%
== Performance ==
- AI calculates its stats during its own threaded turn rather than in a single update all players thread
- Lots of late game performance improvements (hat tip: ZINGO! https://discord.gg/JN2XH6A)
- Influence calculations moved to a background thread to keep the game from getting "jerky" on large maps late game.
- Diplomacy updates now handled as a threaded job.
== Visuals ==
- Cosmetic texture updates
- Invasion screen prettier
- Improved alignment for tooltips
- Removed duplicate ability names in the Civ. Builder
- Reduced administration alert priority to Medium (from High) to reduce spam.
- Polish pass on colony ship animations
- Remove redundant screen title on the Multiplayer setup screen.
- Fix missing tooltip description on the Worker Recall Production.
- Trades no longer (incorrectly) display have negative credits
- Improved FOW Border for both appearance and perf.
- Updated several screens from the old style to Crusade Style.
- Fixed mislabeled Resource names
- Fixed bad alignment for ideology Tooltip stats.
- Updated credits tooltip in resource bar to be more informative
- Torians and Arceans factions don't show twice If you own Crusades, but not Mercenaries.
- Changed tooltip for starbase upgrading to be more clear.
- Fix the Constructor tool tip to be accurate.
- Fixed the Quick Research Window to avoid text overlapping
- Sylne UP portrait is no longer squashed
- Implementation for minor player text tooltips.
- Added a strategic icon for the Mission ships
- Updated text for various techs.
- Several improvements now have improved icons
- Fixed small break in between the tech tree entries on Normal and Medium UI sizes
== GOG ==
Lots of GOG prep stuff for GOG Galaxy
== Flavor ==
Lots of new insults
== Bugs ==
- Changed tooltip for starbase upgrading to be more clear.
- Crash fixes
- Upgrading a Transport no longer consume legions
- Deleting a ship design template from the main menu ship designer no longer kills the game
- Fixed the discrepancy between the net income tooltip and the govern stats.
- Fix a crash that occurs when Steamworks is installing mods at the same time as the user is in the custom civilization builder.
- Particles are now get properly cleaned up after battles. This was leading to late game lag after several battles.
- The first upload for ship style sets will no longer give an error.
- Upgrading ships to the same type will no longer kill admins/legions.
- Legions are not longer lost when upgrading to a new transport
- Logistics cap is now on a per-fleet basis instead of on-the-player so we can increase it for the commanders.
- Now when you place a legion, you see the particles for the legion show up immediately.
- When you add or remove legions, you see the particles change to indicate a smaller or larger swarm
- Fixed a problem with Information Warfare that would heavily favor the invader.
- Fix for AI simulated invasions (for choosing tactics) not taking into account force surrenders and planet killers
- Several stuck turns fixes
- Fixed error where the AI was still ignoring resource costs in improvements
- Added sanity checks where the AI tries to pick a improvement even if it didn't have an improvement to queue
- More crash fixes
- Resource Bar Arrows no longer Scroll in the wrong direction
- AI can no longer sneak invisible techs from the trade window which were throwing off the overall evaluation.
- Added tooltips to the Invasion Viewer window
- Updated "Word on the Street" graphics
- Fix for the workshop race condition crash between validation and updating workshop UI.
- Updated planet graphics
- Fixed problems with growing the Yor population.
- Fix for deleting factions with ship style sets for subbed workshop items (it wasn't removing all the files so it was complaining for a set you can't use because it should have been deleted)
- Fixed issue where super long ship names were clipping to two lines in the fleet details window callouts.
- Clicking the "Lost Unit" notification will now take the player to the Unit Manager -> Transfer screen and select the last lost unit in the list.
- You can no longer steal spies from dead civilizations.
- Spies placed on buildings no longer disappear when loading a save game.
- Added tooltips to the Advantage Values in the Invasion Viewer window
- Some lopsided Invasions were incorrectly being previewed as being "evenly matched.
- First pass at re-balancing campaigns.
- Mecenaries: Ysengard's tooltip now properly reflects its ability.
- Lost Treasures: Food improvements are now working correctly
== Multiplayer ==
- AI is now properly charged for rushing ships.
- Using Steam invite will no longer crash the game.
- Continued work to reduce the amount of data going back between players so we can have custom designed races in. (almost there)
- Faster game start up