Stardock has set a release date for the biggest expansion pack it has ever created: May 4! A little over a week away from the time of this post.
Galactic Civilizations III is a space-based strategy game set in a future where humanity has begun to explore the stars. Players explore the galaxy, colonize new worlds, research new technologies, negotiate with alien civilizations, design star ships, fight epic wars, build vast trading empires, and much more.
Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade, vastly expands on the base game's feature set adding:
- The Civilization Builder. Create your own custom civilizations complete with what their ships will look like via ones you create with the game's designer or by downloading any of the tens of thousands of ship designs created by players as well as controlling what their citizens will look like, how the AI will use them, what they will say in negotiations and more.
- Galactic Citizens. The best and brightest of your civilization can now be specialized into Diplomats, Engineers, Entrepreneurs, Scientists, Generals, Commanders, Spies and more.
- Espionage. Send your spies to foreign civilizations to steal technology, sabotage worlds, discover their plans and more.
- New "Living Galaxy" economy. Over a dozen different resources, of various levels of rarity from game to game, are scattered across the known universe. These resources are needed for everything from researching to weapon systems and even citizen promotions. Obtain these resources through trade, conquest or scavenging.
- Interactive Invasions. Players can specialize citizens into Generals who in turn train legions of soldiers that can be used to invade or defend worlds. When a world is invaded, each side places their corresponding legions where they think they're needed most.
- Galactic Missions. Late game, players send out missions from their planets and shipyards to gather resources, discover new technologies, spread your culture and more. The missions feature is just part of the overall effort to make the mid to late game engaging and unique.
- Commanders & Privateers. Train your Citizens to command your fleets or turn them into Privateers which allow you to attack the ships of other players without them knowing who is responsible (particularly fun in multiplayer).
- New Civilizations. Three new civilizations have been added to the game which include their own ship design parts and other goodies.
This is just touching the surface of what the Expansion does. The vastly updated AI is more formidable than ever, every number in the game has been balanced with all the changes in mind and every existing DLC gets automatically updated if the player has it when playing Crusade (i.e. Stardock went back and redid every existing DLC so that if the player plays the existing DLC while running Crusade the gameplay is different).
Galactic Civilizations III: Crusade is being released as a Steam DLC to Galactic Civilizations III players and will be able to be purchased for $39.99 package (GalCiv III + Crusade integrated together) on May 4 at GalCiv3.com, Steam, GOG, Humble Bundle and elsewhere.
To learn more visit:
And please be sure to subscribe to the GalCiv III reddit sub where Stardock will be giving away shirts and other prizes shortly.