Download from Nexus
Star definition types have been modified to reflect real star ratios regarding size and abundance. Though, not wanting to swamp the map with red dwarfs the abundance has been balanced to favour game play.
In order of abundance.
- Red Dwarf
- Red Giant
- White Dwarf
- Blue Giant
- Orange Binary
- Yellow Binary
- Blue Binary
- White Dwarf Binary
There are some binary star systems but currently GalCiv3 only allows binary stars of the same type. The abundance of binary systems should be greater but until mixed star types are enabled only a few binary systems are available to add some variety to the game play.
Purple Star Types
Purple star types are not available by default but can be added as an additional option. Once added they are as abundant as yellow stars. Custom races that use purple stars are still able to create purple star systems.
To use purple stars
- Delete the file Game\StarTypes_StarSystemDefs.xml
- Copy Optional\StarTypes_StarSystemDefs_Purple.xml
- Paste into the folder Game\
- v1.1 - Removed redundant code that caused a crash with the map editor.
- v1.2 - Update to GalCiv3 v1.3
- v1.3 - Update to GalCiv3 v1.31
- v1.4 - Update to GalCiv3 v1.6
- v1.5 - Update to GalCiv3 v1.6 Mercenaries Expansion Pack