I recently took a look at how resources are generated on the map, and came to these conclusions:
- Number of Antimatter resources is mostly determined by Black Hole frequency, and is almost completely independent of Resource frequency setting. If you want antimatter in your game in any meaningful quantity, you go with Abundant black holes (test with abundant/abundant gave me ~10 AM for every ~15-20 Elerium and ~45-60 Durantium).
- Number of Durantium resources is almost entirely and linearly determined by Resources frequency, has a very high minimum independent of the asteroid frequency.
- Number of Elerium resources is primarily determined by Resource frequency. It is not really possible to significantly increase how much Elerium is available without increasing Durantium by a lot too. If you want a lot of Elerium, make sure you have Abundant Nebulae, and Abundant or Common resource frequency.
Consequently, I've decided to adjust how resources generate, with the following tweaks:
- Made Anti-matter/Black-Hole scale with Resource frequency.
- Increased Black-Hole frequency at higher frequency levels.
- Reduced Durantium spawn rate across the board, and made it scale with Asteroid Frequency.
- Incresed Elerium spawn rate at every level save Abundant (and none).
- Increased Nebula spawn rate slightly at Abundant.
Here's the modded file:https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/45479330/000_ResourceSpawnRebalance.rar
Extract and place the contents in your My Documents\My Games\GalCiv3\Mods folder