This has been happening to me repeatedly today. I wasn't playing much before the last two patches so I can't say if it started before that.
- Click on View Battle
- Screen flickers/Graphics card reset
- Black screen for GC3, no UI, and the game is unresponsive.
- Task manager -> Kill
The first time it happened I got a "graphics card reset" message from Windows. Since then it hasn't displayed the message. I have no tried restarting my computer, since I don't ever restart my computer.
I thought it was tied to starting a battle with a new race, but I got it a couple times in a row in fights with the Drengin (those jerks!).
Things that might not matter but I'll mention anyways:
- I'm playing with a custom race.
- I'm have two monitors (game on one, desktop on the other), if that matters. I'm not changing focus from the game.
- Graphics card: AMD Radeon HD 6900. Drivers are up to date.