That has to be fixed. Must have fixes:
1. Reloading should reload the exact same data
2. In case of out of synch there should be an option to resynch the game where everyone is thrown back to a lobby then can continue. (Look to endless legend how they do this)
3. Make sure that using custom factions is fixed. (that includes those who use custom images etc.)
4. Fix chat window. Right now sometimes the chat is bugged in the lobby screen.
Optional stuff: (my opinion)
1. Add a simultaneous move mode if possible.
2. Add a play by email mode. (I think this game could be very suited to PBEM). If you want to make it really cool add a PBEM server so the sending is automated and you can log in to your game and see you have another turn.
3. Add more features for the metaverse with MP. Get back the good old clans and guilds and have a map that is influenced by score of games. This was such a cool feature back in the good old days and now with MP added for a first in the series it would be great if looked into again.
fluffy (even more optional and even more my opinion):
1. Make the game less micro intensive. Right now with no overflow of production it is crazy micro intensive to every turn adjust ever single planet for 1 turn builds. I think there should be overflow in this game. If this cannot be done atleast in the overview screen let us easily tweak the social manufacturing spending so this can be adjusted more quickly.
2. Add in game information. Right now how scores are calculated is a great mystery.
3. Add turn timers and stuff like planet elimination rules. (X numbers of planets lost your out of the game. See how civ4 did this.)