1) Could you share your thoughts on the ship sensor debate on this forum?
Basics of the issue: Ships have been shown to be able to see as far as 79 spaces away as early as Turn 50[Excessive map], and can potentially reveal almost the entire map with 1 Ship later in the game. This invalidates all other forms of vision[Starbases mainly, and Planets].
Read the full debate here: https://forums.galciv3.com/463518/page/1/#3538398
2) Any chance Influence modifiers will also be affected by Habitable Planet - Setting, in addition to hopefully map size? Under "Rare" habitable planets settings the amount of Influence can be much more generous, in order to still have cultural takeover be a real strategy.
3) Can you re-confirm that many more prototype weapons will be added to the game to make full use of resources, and do you have an idea when this change is coming?
4) Starbases currently seem like an inefficient use of resources for the rewards given. Any plans to buff their usefulness?
Noteworthy: Starbase modules of the same type currently don't stack, and therefore offer very little bonus. If they were just made additive instead, starbases would feel about right considering the investment of so many constructors. This would also fix how weak they are militarily, if the bonuses were additive.
Laid out reasons to their inefficiency here[Pg 3; Reply #67]: https://forums.galciv3.com/463293/page/3
5) The request mechanism for constructors was great, but we really need it to work with ships carrying multiple constructor modules. Plans for this soon?
Really feel this will solve most of the complaints about their heavy micro, with this one addition.
6) Asteroids and Nebulae hurt movement and sensor range for good reason. But could they also apply a significant negative accuracy modifier to fleets/ships attacking you while you're in them?
Always looking for a way to get more strategic battle decisions into space games, where terrain (+)/(-) are less available. The above gives a thoughtful decision of whether to run away with your fleet(avoid asteroids and nebulae), or to hunker down in a asteroid field or nebula and prepare to fight!
#wewanttheoldarmor, #keeparmor, #letthe3defensesunited!