These are bugs and undocumented features that I have found playing 349 hours (according to Steam) of Gal Civ since the Steam Sale. Thank god I have no wife or children cause daaaaaamn I'd be divorced. ((What honey, Steam is lying I could never have played 2075 hours of Sid Meier's Civ 5))
These are bugs/undocumented features in Beta 5. I'm hoping to update the list as I remember and find more bugs cause I didn't write these things down.
1) Scouts won't upgrade. PERIOD. I get this lovely screen (Link)
1a) Just tried to upgrade a Kinetic Support Ship just like the scout ship but shows colony ships. Ditto Upgrading Transports, Guardian Carriers
2) When my GLORIOUS Empire welcomes a planet into the Imperium, the planets former Ship Yard remains in the former despotic tyrant's hands leaving my ZOC dotted wtih shipyards that are orphaned and I can't dismantle or it would be war. This is just 5 of the score of smart progressive planets that fled vile evil democracies... er repressive regimes and ran open arms into my People's Democratic Imperium. (Link)
2a) Add to that Starbases associated with planets that have accepted citizenship.
2b) When a planet joins ships of the previous owners get to run away off the planet. I'm not fond of this noting that the game says "This colony is ##% in rebellion. If the people rebelled and the governing faction was removed, their ships either should have been destroyed or fled the turns before IMHO. Sometimes the ships just hang out in the planet for several turns before leaving.
2c) Minor Empires that join my Empire, their ships become brown and instantly become hostile. (Shipyards go white and I can blow them off the map which I like)
3) in the Govern Screen, Commands tab, upgrading ships gives zero response, not even a little "Hey bucko this feature is disabled" Though speaking to the Ceasar like that might get you sent to the "Happy Gulag" planet. Still a nice notice or comment like "Coming Soon" might be awesome.
4) As mentioned above, planets (wisely) in my zone of control flock to the loving embrace of well me though not the metal beings of the YOr Singularity, I'm assuming there is an Ideology count to my Ideology that if your in my ZOC I'll subvert your planet, have your leaders shot and or flayed, but as I only see it in Yor Singularity over and over I'm mentioning it here.
5) When you assimilate a planet which was a capital of another civilization it now shows as being YOUR civilization capital on that planets screen, while my actual capital is still my capital just noting this, cause well bugs and features.
6) If I have a survey ship going into a Pirate guarded Ship Graveyard and a new planet being founded during the automated turn, the game hangs after agreeing to send the fleet to engage the pirates. I can move around the screen, I can investigate plants and ships but the combat is never resolved forcing a restart. Thankfully the work around for now is to say no during the automated turn area and wait till your making your move. (BTW Love the Pirates or as I call them Independent salvagers flying around and looting the wrecks.
7) In Dev videos I see awesome ship rotating and panning and zooming of combats.. I can't seem to get any rotation. My video card is a AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series with 2GB Video Ram. I can play a MMORPG set in space with vile evil bee creatures that gank and Awox you at highest settings on miltiple instances but can't rotate a ship here.
8) No longer having audio during the movie at the start of the game. Audio works fine all other times.
Not really bugs and features but comments
I like how you can have unexplored areas in your zone of control, IMHO added realism. And the sudden appearance of planets that join your Empire in the middle of no where adds to the feeling that people are buying into the idea of Global Galaxy Hedgemony.
Slowly the Ship Design aspect is growing on me. Though having the game spit out dozens of versions of a ship was EXTREMELY annoying in Beta 4, does not seem to be such a problem in 5. THANKS!
Thank you for tweaking the Pragmatic / Vigilant / Cautious to put the ships in the planet and not next to it, Saved me insane amounts of time moving 50+ planets worth of ships to the planet or where I wanted them.
More a wish I'd really love to see the battle report when going auto resolve, seeing(at least in my case) a static camera view and limited inputs a hundred times is boring and just give me the details. Also I'd love to see a statistics screen. Ships Lost, Ships Killed tonnage, personal,
Notes: I play the large end of Maps. If you want more details of my system specs ask.
As I said I'll add more as I find them.
Edit 1: Tweaked bugs and moved one from bug to comments. edit 2: Added 1a