Game Version 0.80.0
Game Played in Single Player (3.5 hours approx) with 1 Human Player (Custom Race; Thalan Tech Tree), 8 AI (Default Races) and Occasional Minor Races Setting
Map Settings: Huge, Occasional Everything, Normal AI Difficulty
PC: i7-970 3.2GHz(6 Core, 12 Virtual), 12 Gig Ram + 4 Gig Pagefile, GeForce 580GTX latest drivers, Vertex 3 SSD Install Drive
Post #2 - Additional Bugs & Observations -
- Custom Race Ships revert to default race design colours & textures in the bottom left window on main map (highlighted unit window). Also in left window of Ship Designer. In my case I was using Thalan ship design with my own choice of colours and textures. My colours and textures seemed to appear correctly everywhere else.
- Ideology Points showing as available on mouse-over of the category heading do not seem to disappear/deduct after having been spent.
- Cannot build Starbases inside a Nebula with constructor even though my custom race has the Starfaring trait. Did not try as Iconian player but assume same issue?
- Combat Viewer Free Cam needs work and I would confidently describe as buggy when using mouse wheel to zoom in and out while trying to watch a battle in that mode.
- The game felt significantly more laggy than in my multiplayer session from my previous post. A couple examples of this.
i) After ending a turn and immediately starting the next, mousing around the main map with mouse was laggy where the tile highlight mouse-over graphic would chase my cursor as I moved it around from tile to tile. Noticed this as well coming out of various screens/menus like a Starbase Window, Shipyard Window or Ship Design screen etc.
ii) Entering a Starbase screen, Shipyard Screen, Ship Report Screen or the Ship Designer is very laggy the first time each new turn, as if it is required to fully reload assets. Trying to move around the graphic view of the Starbase/Ship with middle mouse button (or doing anything else) while it's going through this load is very 'jerky'. Takes a solid 5+ seconds to get through it and it's every turn it resets to this state. Re-entering one of these screens after the first try on the same turn works fine.
iii) The above lag experience could be attributed to issues with my Custom Race? I tried another short 30 minute SP game with same settings but as Default Terran Empire instead of custom race. It felt noticeably smoother in all areas I mentioned.
- Pirate 'Confirm Battle Start or Auto Resolve' window came up for my Surveyor during my 30 minute test game as Default Terran's. I didn't get the Yes/No Survey Dialogue option this time as I had seen during my multiplayer session (could be because this Surveyor had weapons? I don't recall if the one from multiplayer game did or not). Also did not know why this event occurred until after the battle and I had won (3 Pirate Interceptors) - map centered on the anomaly/combat tile afterwards. Would be helpful if the main map centered on the Combat Tile in question as the combat dialogue window comes up to begin battle, so we can see what it's about and where it is, particularly since as the player we did not initiate the fight.
- Detailed Tech-tree is great and my preference for choosing research items, however there is no way to currently identify the unique tech's for the race I am playing. I cannot tell what is special about the Thalan Tech-tree I chose for my custom race over say the Terran Tech-tree. I want to know what special goodies I might have versus other races Mentioned this in chat during the 3/27 Live stream.
- Along with the issue of Starfaring Trait not allowing construction of Starbases in Nebulae, the Iconians star system currently does not generate inside a Nebula, which I remember being the plan from past Live streams? I chose the Iconians star system for my custom race and found this out. Hope that you guys will make this happen for release as it really makes the Iconians & Starfaring Trait that much more useful and interesting from a strategy and even role-playing perspective. Also mentioned in chat during 3/27 Live stream.
That's it! I know from my view anyway that once the issues I've found in this and my earlier post are solved, the game will be in pretty great shape. Just in need of the remaining content and polish/balancing at that point. Keep up the great work Team Stardock!