Game Version 0.80.0
Game Played in Multiplayer (6 hours so far) with 2 Human Players, 6 AI and Occasional Minor Races Setting
Map Settings: Huge, Occasional Everything, Normal AI Difficulty
- Ideology Backgrounds switch incorrectly when clicking between the 3 core types. Possible to get the Benevolent background to show on the Malevolent screen.
- In game event messages for one player are showing to all human players simultaneously and can be acted upon/clicked by unintended player(s) causing crash. 3 Examples of this.
a) My Friend received an 'Anomaly could not be surveyed' message and it appeared on my screen at the same time. My 1 Surveyor was travelling in empty space at the time.
My Friend and I both received the same Diplomatic Message from AI Player Alterans at the same time on screen demanding the same technology.
c) My Friend received the Survey Pirate Warning Yes/No Dialogue and it came up on my screen at same time. He clicked No and I was able to click Yes and crash the game.
Note - we have seen multiple cases of the above. Also please note we are both playing default Terran Empires; although obviously our Steam account names are different.
- During our game I would receive a Trade Request from the Alterans where they would offer me a Starbase and request nothing in return. If I accepted the game would crash. If I clicked no/backed out of the offer the game was able to continue just fine. This happened a couple of times.
- Colony Ship was seemingly sent to Economic Starbase automatically after build, after I had auto requested more constructors be sent to the Starbase from the Starbase screen.
- When playing a multiplayer game, if one Human player has ended their turn and enters the Diplomacy Screen or Ideology Screen and all other plays end their turn, the turn will not process until that player leaves the screen to return to the main map. We used VOIP so my friend was able to say 'Hey, why are we just sitting here', but otherwise I had no idea I was holding the turn process up as I was first to hit end-turn. Suggest a notification or better yet just allow the turn to process even if you are in a menu.
- We encountered many cases of De-sync game crash. A few times the game would hang when trying to process the turns, particularly with the above screen message 'Starting New Turn'. My friend and I live not too far away from each other and both have 250mb Down/20mb Up Internet connections. Maybe multiplayer hasn't been given a good QA pass yet? Please do not forget this before launch!
Otherwise loving the game so far! Major improvements in Beta 5 and very much playable, although much more so in SP than MP. Patch notes said Pirates are in but the game settings toggle is set to disabled and have not seen them so far other than the Surveyor Dialogue warning, so FYI on that.