Theres been a few things that have ground my gears throughout the beta of this game that are most likely going to be addressed, but I wish they would fix them sooner rather than later..
1) Production/Research not updating as %s change.
-If I adjust the research rate of a planet, the displayed # of turns needed to finish my current research doesn't actually change until I end my turn.
-If I adjust the manufacturing rate of my planets, the displayed # of turns needed to finish my current improvement doesn't update until I exit the production governer screen, grrrr
2) Annoying lag spikes when revealing newly explored planets
-My system is not the best, but I've noticed this same lag spike on different LP videos as well, when revealing previously unexplored planets around suns, there is a very noticeable hiccup in the movement of the ship
3) No way of knowing your current income level without hovering the mouse over your current cash
4) Very diffcult to change production order on a planet.
-The UI is very lakcing when trying to move a facility up or down in the production queue. I have to click and drag multiple times to get the facility to move to the correct position in the queue.
As far as the newest beta (yay!) ..
5) There is no indication that a colonizable world requires advanced colonization tech without clicking on it, (in GC2 there was a little UI symbol to indicate that the world required advanced tech to colonize).
6) New ideology screen looks and feels much better, but I'm getting some pretty bad text clipping on it. I can see the basic result of the ideology (for example just got malicious +10% income), but the little blurb below that is totally clipped and unreadable.
Most of these are features I know the devs will implement, they are fairly obvious fixes and I have a lot of faith in this proven dev team, but I wish they had gotten fixed ages ago as they are fairly key to micro management gameplay (points 1, 2 & 4). Still haven't tried the BattleViewer, but Im super excited to keep playing this latest build, thank you dev team for your dedication and hard work!