Here are some questions collected over this week:
Planet construction/destruction : Any thoughts on being able to utterly destroy a planet, create one from the rubble left behind or make a uninhabitable planet habitable? I believe it would be neat to have the option to keep expanding or consolidate the space around you in the long game.
Of course this would probably have to be a hefty production/special resource sink to do so for balance.
I'm curious if it's possible, in the ship designer, to have your mouse cursor create a larger popup image of the part you put your mouse over. I play at 1920x1080 resolution and many of the parts are very small in the area where you select them. It would be great/convenient, if it's not a hassle to do and is considered worth while to do, to have your mouse cursor bring up a larger image of the part it's hovering over. I know you can select it and then see it in the main window, it's just that I thought it might be easier/faster to have this in order to preview what the part looks like.
Are there more resources than the ones introduced in the last update.
Please, Please give us a way if the starter block was used to change the hull size. I know several us designed what should be huge ships early on in the alpha when the largest hull was medium. In gc2 it was easy to do because the files were text. You could simply change the name of the starting block to get the right hull.
Will there be togganble/slider graphics options such as gods rays/ heat haze/Vignette etc?
Regarding Custom Races:
When creating a custom race will we be able to assign its home planet? This would be especially useful for those of us who have been fortunate enough (as well as being willing to shell out 99 bucks) to have been able to name a sun. I would love to be able to have one of the planets of my sun be my custom race's home planet.
Don "Raelalt" Freeman
Yes, I would like to know more about what options we will have the ability to customize for our custom races, please go into detail... This would include...
1. Race special abilities (yes this has been answered but not in detail)
2. Race portraits (yes this has been answered)
3. Race logo's (yes this has been answered)
4. Home planet habitable tiles... (this has not been answered or talked about in anyway)
5. Home star system number planets... (this has not been answered or talked about)
6. Home star system habitable planets... (this has not been answered or talked about)
7. Home star system color of star (this has not been answered or talked about)
8. Home star system number of astroids (this has not been answered or talked about)
9. Home planet rings/moons (this has not been answered or talked about)
10. Home star system extreme planet options (this has not been answered or talked about)
Most of this could work based on a points system that I had mentioned several times in the past such as your home system gets 16 habitable points that one could split on however many planets they wanted to, plus extreme planets may only use up 1/2 point as they won't be fully usable until later in the game. ect...
Another question that has been asked several times is the possibility of twin (binary) or (trinary) star systems. binary star systems were mentioned very early on but hasn't been mentioned since and is not in the game at this point.
Will we be able to all or partially glass a planet using regular or a special ship?