I just watched the youtube stream (unfortunately, work schedule prevents me from watching live), but I've questions on the trade route mechanics you mentioned.
When another player "declare war" on raiding a trade route and holds it for 10 turns the trade route is destroyed.
Are you going to implement any sort of prevention on milking this type of system. I.e. if I raid the trade route for 9 turns and leave it... then go back on it after a turn delay starting to milk the money from scratch again... i.e. another 9 turns move off and start the process over.
Or will you implement a system where if I raid for 9 turns... then leave the trade route and come back I only siphon 10%, but after that turn it would have been 10 turns and so the trade route breaks. Or some variation in between.
If I have two ships on such a trade route, will the time to break the trade route halve... i.e. 5 turns instead of 10?
If two ships on the the trade route, will it calculate the siphon as double or will it be you siphon 10% of the total route then 10% of the remainder (90% of the route)? Or is it additive, two ships siphon 10%, thus you get 20% of the trade route value?