OMG, so many questions, let me see if i can answer a few before i get back to work on the beta.
- Spore weapon is back in the Drengin Tech tree. (Sadly it will be disabled in beta 1)
- Race tech trees, are partially, re-labeled, in some cases, each has many unique techs, were at all possible each branch is being customized to play a bit different depending on the race. This can be done in a few ways. 1, Move the techs around, 2 Move the Tech age they can be access in. (This is huge, very happy with how this is turning out.) 3, individual tech bonus, specializations and cost, can all be tweaked on a per race bases allowing making the trees feel quite different, even if the tech unlock simmer things.
- More races will be added, in DLC and expansions, founders will be presently surprised.
- Anomalies will continues to spawn tough the game, and we are playing with the idea of having battles leave behind "salvage" anomalies.
- Planets will be completely modable, either making fix planets, or making assets to do you own generated planets. All this will be in the "Editor" which should be released with the Gold version of the game.
- Hex sectors are sectors for the hex map, they still work, but we find that the maps are more visually appealing as one big hex, with no lines. They may however make an a comeback at some point.
- Larger maps should be coming in soon, we are testing them internally, but we want to make sure they do not add to much memory uses before we unleash them on the testers.