This mod trys to improve the AI in regards to Colonization through out the timeline, better ship loadouts, limit the crazy AI Surrender routine and increased awareness to danger towards its colonies and Starbases.
Requires 1.82 Patch, Snathi DLC and Mercenary DLC (Can be used without if you remove the TechDefs.xml associated with the races you do not have, not that I think it makes a difference but a warning is always wise)
- Ship Blueprints - Moved around the priorities, added some extra Hyperdrive and defence modules to all Blueprints. AI use Rapid Reload, Targeting and Jamming on Medium to Huge hulls.
- AI Governors - Changed the default ones a bit to include Unique & Defence buildings. Introduced a Military Governor and Ideology Point Projects.
- AI Starbase Governors - Re-arranged priorities and introduced extra modules to them. (AI should be better at building them up to full capacity)
- AI Fleet Governor - Changed the Transport Fleet composition to hopefully include more than 1 Transport ship.
- AI Global Defines - AI should colonize for Longer, use more colony ships in general. AI is more likely to fight to the death over surrender. Tweaks to starbase priorities.
- AI Strategies - Adjusted to encourage aggressive early colonizing.
- AI has extra Transport ship blueprints. (Medium and Large hulls)
- Battle Behaviors changed.
- Interceptors will now intercept. They defend Assault, Support, and Starbases.
- Attack and Defense priorities were redefined for all ship types.
- Guardians will behave as I would expect orbital and Starbase defenders to act.
- Support ships will actively engage in hostilities but start much further back than previously.
- Starbases will begin the battle much closer to the front. I mean for them to participate in the engagement with their defenders rather than separately.
Some other things that I have no doubt tweaked but forgotten about.
Go4Celebrity for Battle Behaviors.
rog214 for some excellent Feedback from testing!
zuPloed for Additions/Changes to some of the code.
All in one mod consisting of AI Tweaks 1.4, Informative Diplomacy Cosmetic and Gameplay 1.8, Two Way Alliances 1.1 and ESL 1.2.
Available as an optional download on the AI Tweaks Nexus link. (1.82)
Install either AI Tweaks or Improved AI to your ....Documents/My Games/GalCiv3/Mods folder.