Galactic Civilizations III: Mercenaries adds New Factions, New Ships, Mercenary Bazaar and more!

Coming 02.18.16!

By on January 27, 2016 1:00:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+756

Intergalactic Trade. A Daring Escape. Guns for Hire.
Galactic Civilizations III: Mercenaries Releases on February 18, 2016!

The human race is fighting a desperate war against the remorseless Drengin Empire.
Both sides have become increasingly desperate, leading them to turn to the
galactic underworld and their elite mercenaries.

Convinced already? Of course you are.
But, just for fun, here are additional reasons to get the Mercenaries Expansion:

Visit the Galactic Bazaar and hire dozens of Mercenaries
Discover Galactic Bazaars and choose from dozens of mercenaries for hire! Is that anomaly a little too dangerous to risk your own life and limb over? Pick a mercenary suited for the job and order them to do your bidding. Your bones are fragile, after all.

Bazaar_02

New Campaign! Lead the Torians to freedom from their Drengin oppressors 
Hire mercenaries and use them to help lead the Torians to freedom from their Drengin oppressors in an exciting new campaign. Rebuild your shattered empire from the ground up and thrive in the face of adversity.

Tons of New Ship Designs
Every mercenary has their own unique ship for traveling across the galaxy in style. Speaking of style, there are lots of new ship parts to enhance your own customizations and styles! 

Merc_Details_01

Arcean_Defense_2

Play as an Ancient Race of Warriors
The Arceans, an ancient and honorable civilization of warriors and long-time enemy of the Drengin Empire, make their debut in Mercenaries! The Arceans have new racial traits and abilities and a unique tech tree to boot!

Play as an Old Familiar Race from Galactic Civilizations II
The aquatic Torians are back and ready to fight! ...Well, sort of. They're ready to hire a bunch of mercenaries to help them escape their enslavement from the cruel Drengin Empire. The Torians are at the center of the Mercenaries campaign and also have new racial traits, abilities, and tech trees for you to explore.

Torian_01

Galactic Civilizations III: Mercenaries will be available for purchase on February 18th.
Keep an eye on the forums and over at www.galciv3.com for updates and notice for when you can purchase!

123 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
January 27, 2016 1:02:19 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Can't wait for it to enter beta.

January 27, 2016 1:09:24 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

GREAT, Thanks Stardock! 

Hmm now I can farm my own Torian Burgers! Thank you, now all I need is to fire up a trade route for some Drengin Hot sauce!

January 27, 2016 1:24:15 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

When is the founders beta? 

today?

The more time for feedback, the better... 

January 27, 2016 1:25:18 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

How much will it be?

January 27, 2016 1:29:25 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Larsenex,

Hmm now I can farm my own Torian Burgers! Thank you, now all I need is to fire up a trade route for some Drengin Hot sauce!

You culinary barbarian. Torians are best eaten raw, and the enjoyment is maximized when listening to their screams while they are still alive to see you eat their limbs.

January 27, 2016 1:36:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Cat_Fuzz,

How much will it be?

$19.99 According to another thread: http://forums.galciv3.com/474545/page/1/

January 27, 2016 1:53:09 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Day 1 purchase.

January 27, 2016 1:53:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I am very happy about the expansion.

Does this mean the plans to redo how Star Bases work is going to be released later this year instead of part of this expansion?

January 27, 2016 1:56:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hope the Torians are going to be able to build up and build their own ships, not only hire mercenaries. 

If they can only hire mercenaries in the campaign it's fine, but not in the sandbox. Otherwise I can't wait to play it

January 27, 2016 2:14:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awesome news!!  When is beta?  Tomorrow?  Dev Stream?  Friday?  

January 27, 2016 2:35:11 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Larsenex,

Does this mean the plans to redo how Star Bases work is going to be released later this year instead of part of this expansion?

Given the model SD are following with cross-compatibility, the main system reworks all kind of need to be released in free patches. So it might be in 1.6 (I think that was the roadmap?) but isn't really an expansion feature, since it'll be given out in the base game for free anyway.

January 27, 2016 2:38:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Just as I suspected, no espionage system, and this game is going backwards.

January 27, 2016 2:42:18 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Jed, if you have followed the game and its posts from the developers you would know that Espionage will not be in until either late this year or next year. Game is moving forward rather well (in my opinion). I look forward to the release of the expansion. 

January 27, 2016 2:49:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Jedistinger,

Just as I suspected, no espionage system, and this game is going backwards.

Yes because a never-before-seen in GC mechanic (mercs) is "going backwards".  And espionage is still on the road map, it's just been pushed back a bit,

If your "going backwards" comment was about the inclusion of the Torians and Acreans, well all I would have to comment on is that including an espionage system ala GC II would also be "going backwards", no?

It seems to me that you're just upset over how the game is going backwards, not that it is.

Finally, people have been clamoring for the Torians and Acreans to come back into the game.  So if this is "going backwards", may there be much more of this in the future!

January 27, 2016 3:04:50 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Not very impressed.The game needed other parts fleshed out more and not the worst part of the game ala combat having more ships.I would have preferred the pre release admirals they talked about with skilsl and a portrait to this.

Because you cannot even retreat in combat also makes this a bit iffy.Why would you pay that high when one battle sees its end?

January 27, 2016 3:21:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Drat! That's the day I will be shutting down internet to prepare for a move in house. Curse you Stardock! LOL

January 27, 2016 3:28:20 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

this is very good !!!!!!!!

January 27, 2016 3:39:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Will the 1.6 patch fix/expand on planetary invasions?

January 27, 2016 3:59:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Very excited to play the expansion, however, will there be an update prior that fixes the crashing of the ship designer? I have not been able to enjoy the game since the last update because of this.

January 27, 2016 4:50:46 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting TheFunMachine,

Very excited to play the expansion, however, will there be an update prior that fixes the crashing of the ship designer? I have not been able to enjoy the game since the last update because of this.

They said it will be fixed in the next update which is coming soon.

January 27, 2016 5:02:45 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Achronous,

Quoting TheFunMachine,

They said it will be fixed in the next update which is coming soon.

Heh, I was thinking more a hotfix I saw that 1.6 was going to land simultaneously with Mercenaries which is the 18th of feb. I had the issue come up when 1.5 was released, and haven't played since as it was a total buzzkill, so have been eagerly awaiting a fix.

January 27, 2016 5:13:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

You are right it does say it will come out at the same time. Unfortunately if that's the next update then it's going to be fixed only then. Try avoiding those large huge hulls (which are the cause).

January 27, 2016 5:19:30 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Like Jedistinger, I was hoping for Espionage now rather than later but: Mercenaries! Frogboy was right: A new feature that makes sense and could end up being awesome. No, that wasn't me, that was someone else who killed your leader. No, it wasn't that evil looking guy I just gave 250bc to. I, uh, owed him money for some scum he kill...um work he did on my garden. Why would you think that?

I know the description doesn't say they can be used like this but hopefully they can. Anyway, a good feature to add.

Excellent! Looking forward to Beta Day!

January 27, 2016 5:43:15 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Nice, I'm curious to see how this scales.  I hope the beta hits soon.

January 27, 2016 5:49:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Good to see our old friends... or enemies... returning.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000109   Page Render Time: