Multiplayer Improvements in the Latest Galactic Civilizations III Update

By on October 1, 2015 1:00:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+759

This update for Galactic Civilizations III includes several improvements for multiplayer including increasing the maximum multiplayer map size to Gigantic and various fixes for multiplayer games.

Included in this v1.32 update:

• Increased maximum multiplayer map size to Gigantic

• Fixed a problem where peers were not updating their heartbeat while loading the map and thus causing a disconnect.

• Fixed a problem where all of the players would choose "ready" but the host could not start the game.

• Separated the networking and loading processing to different threads to prevent timeouts while starting the game.

• Prevented a multiplayer disconnect issue caused by the player spending the Thalan's bonus tech points in the first turn.

• Fixed a few stuck turn problems

• Players with different languages installed can play multiplayer with each other

To stay updated with other news and happenings with Stardock, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

3 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 4, 2015 6:14:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

This is great news! Thanks

October 18, 2015 9:24:07 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm sorry, but something has gone terribly wrong with multiplayer. 

From version 1.02 I wasn't able to play multiplayer. With 1.32 I wasn't able to play multiplayer because I didn't see me in a player slot when joining. Other players have been able to join my offered game btw. So support asked me to delete all custom factions. Just to remind, playing in localizated shape. After whiping all the more then 200 custom factions with a nearly cleaned out game I was able to join game and got a player slot. Anyhow I was kicked by hosts all time, I wasn't able to play...

So...I really can't see the promised multiplayer improvements, @Island Dog. Sorry to mention it to get fixed. 

From my 'unpaid bug-tester' position, there are following things that need to get fixed:

- complete integration of localization with game engine

- password restricted multiplayer game setups (I guess I've seen something like that in opt-in version 1.4, but didn't find an option for host to actually set a pass. so it is more then reasonable you didn't integrate it with localizated files. I also wasn't able to choose from all factions, because the mouse support in your pulldown ended after 2 factions. so I am restricted to play humans or drengin.  )

no pass for localizated files

- custom faction integration for multiplayer, where every player only (!) could choose from his very own factions. reason: some custom factions from workshop are broken and with offering choice out of all availible custom factions from random players you only spread the desease. 

Hope my constructive points help to get toward a real improvement of multiplayer.

October 18, 2015 10:03:00 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My cousin and I are getting the human/drengin selection issue  also.  In addition to that we were crashing to the desktop whenever we tried to select a planetary focus. 

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000359   Page Render Time: