Galactic Civilizations III 1.21 Update Now Available

By on August 25, 2015 1:00:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Island Dog

Join Date 06/2003
+755

Peacekeepers

The 1.21 patch for Galactic Civilizations III and the Mega Events DLC is now available.

This update includes:

• Registration: Added support for the "@" symbol on non-english keyboards

• Fixed a crash with the Peacekeeper Mega Event.

• 3D Printing: improved the export time, especially for complicated models.

• Battle Viewer: Fixed a problem where the ship battle result screen was not matching the actual battle results.

Every Friday at 3pm ET you can watch our developer livestream on the Stardock Twitch channel. To stay updated with other news and happenings with Stardock, be sure to follow us on Twitter and Facebook.

24 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 25, 2015 1:38:41 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thanks for pushing out the update. You folks at Stardock ROCK!

August 25, 2015 1:53:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Good to see the Battle Viewer thing finally sorted.

I thought there was going to be a re-evaluation of the AI-breaking hull tech cost increases?

August 25, 2015 2:02:35 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Why you did not correct the "Update list queue production"? http://forums.galciv3.com/470211/page/1/

August 25, 2015 2:20:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Keep pushing these updates, I always like bug squishes and performance improvements Stardock is the best company ever.

August 25, 2015 2:46:08 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool! I wasn't expecting another patch so soon. I'm also about to finish a game that I started with the beta 1.2 so I still haven't gotten to experience the new DLC stuff yet. I just have a couple of truculent races left that shouldn't take too much longer to deal with... Hopefully this weekend I'll start anew.

August 25, 2015 2:54:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Is this a straight patch, or an "Opt-in?"

Also, could someone explain the difference?I usually panic that I'm missing something and always choose to opt-in.

Thanks

August 25, 2015 3:12:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting wpkelley41,

Is this a straight patch, or an "Opt-in?"

Also, could someone explain the difference?I usually panic that I'm missing something and always choose to opt-in.

Thanks

This is not an opt-in. An opt-in patch is something we sometimes put out early so some players can try out the next update to help with feedback. 

August 25, 2015 3:50:18 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Why haven't you fixed the automatic ship stacking? I don't want to keep click guard or sentry. I have 6 shipyards going on a major battle and it sucks that every time a ship is built that is assigned to a fleet it no longer automatically joins the fleet.

August 25, 2015 4:24:13 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thank you Island Dog.

August 25, 2015 5:21:14 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Have you stopped indicating minor version releases in the main menu? I can only see v1.2 after update.

August 25, 2015 6:15:56 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm not sure steam has actually rolled it out. I have no download listed for GC3.

August 25, 2015 6:21:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Great news that you are still pushing out patches, i was really hyped for this game during the beta phases but now I seem to have lost all enthusiasm for it.  I hope you guys finish polishing the game soon... please don't be one of those companies that pushes out DLC instead of focusing on the issues that matter.

August 25, 2015 7:30:45 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting naselus,

I'm not sure steam has actually rolled it out. I have no download listed for GC3.

Downloaded for me.  6.7 MB update.  Version 1.2.1.6 now installed.

August 25, 2015 8:14:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting BuckGodot,

Quoting naselus,

Downloaded for me.  6.7 MB update.  Version 1.2.1.6 now installed.

Same here. Just finished work and getting back from taking the wife out for dinner and mine has updated at some point today.

August 26, 2015 8:43:24 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So many incremental possibilities before we get to 1.3! I'm a bit scared now, even in this most joyful time!

August 26, 2015 2:15:39 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Um I'm not so excited, seems like you fixed virtually f-all compared to what actually needs fixing. How about surrenders? Can we fix those or maybe another sorting option for ships beyond "all" 

August 26, 2015 4:30:22 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Mate, relax, it was just a minor hot-fix: 1.2.0 -> 1.2.1.

These kind of patches just fix some bugs that can be resolved in a limited amount of time.

The v1.3 is coming soon with UI improvements, then v1.4 with AI stuff and then v1.5 containing something-or-other-that-I-can't-remember but the point is that they *do* have a road-map planned and it's progressing.

I'm sure they'll get there. So, patience, patience.

August 26, 2015 5:07:03 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My game still reads Version 1.2. How do I know if it updated? If not, how do I get it ?

August 27, 2015 12:50:36 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Open the directory "Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Galactic Civilizations III" in file explorer and hover over GalCiv3.exe. It should show "File version: 1.2.1.6"

August 27, 2015 7:15:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thank you Petri.

August 27, 2015 11:20:45 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Is it possible too see this road map or is it imaginary?

August 27, 2015 4:35:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think the roadmap is something you have to piece together by watching the Dev streams.  I don't remember seeing anything in writing, or all in one place.

August 28, 2015 5:29:23 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yes, I think it was last Friday's dev stream where they talked about the coming versions v1.3, v1.4, and v1.5. Should be available in YouTube.

Do we have a dev stream today? GalCiv should be on Fridays but haven't seen a post about it. If there is a dev stream today and you are interested in the roadmap maybe you should join the live stream and ask about it in the chat?

August 28, 2015 5:43:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting VladelMC,

Is it possible too see this road map or is it imaginary?

Stated by Frogboy:

In another thread we discussed the wish lists for GalCiv III.

Our tentative update schedule is:

v1.1: Early July (would have been this month except for the Steam sale and E3)
v1.2: August (looking at random events and more UI polish, AI updates, etc.)
v1.3: September (looking at politics and diplomacy, plus more UI, large empire automation, etc.)
v1.4: October (battle system focus, AI, etc.)
v1.5: November (TBD)

Each of these updates will also make available DLC.

The first DLC will be the map pack and map editor

But beyond that, what would you like? These would be $4.99 DLC. DLC generally doesn't have any new code in it, just content (art, XML, etc.).

Let us know what you'd like!

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000609   Page Render Time: