Love for Frogboy

By on June 1, 2015 8:33:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Seilore

Join Date 10/2006
+109

A special thanks to Frogboy, so with that being said I want to take the time to thank Frogboy, the Galactic Civilizations III team, and all other employee at Stardock for their hard work.  Yes, there is some things that could be improved with this game as well as others, however, I believe all in all they do good work and poor their heart and soul into this game and Frogboy in specific puts  a lot of care and time into many of Stardock's games.  

With much of the bad, or negative posts, sometimes the good or great positive posts are forgotten or overlooked.  Please take the time to write thanks and positive points in this post.

On a side note, I hope Frogboy, and Stardock never takes any negative point as strictly a bash, as most of the time I try to make it constructive by stating positives or possible solutions to any complaint I have.  

Again Thanks for all the hard work This is Extremely Awesome and I don't know any company that does it better  Please don't check out of the forums as we need you

41 Replies +5
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
June 1, 2015 8:44:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

After reading this subject I had to come in and say... get a room!

June 1, 2015 8:44:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

/signed

June 1, 2015 8:49:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Agreed!

It's way too easy to succumb to the feeling that the negative outweighs the positive, but the forums are full of people helping out with issues and improving the gaming experience together. Perhaps that means we should be a little clearer about how appreciative we are for the work Brad and the team put in to this.

June 1, 2015 9:22:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

People just fail to see it's a ongoing process developing a game like Gal Civ. All you have to do is go back and look at SD's track record on post release expansion and addition and you'll see the big picture. Stardock evolves almost all their games far past initial release and Gal Gic 3 will be no different. It'll be the massive experience Gal Civ 2 is when all is said and done. People just need to keep that in mind before running down the bash band wagon and most people never do.

June 1, 2015 9:52:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hear hear

June 2, 2015 8:56:16 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Great response guys keep up the positive attitude

June 2, 2015 9:16:23 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yep this is a pretty good game already, and I know from previous experiences with the other Gal Civ games that this one is going to continue to get even better.  It is definately worth the 45ish bucks I payed for it.  So good work Frogboy and all the other Stardock crew.

And Frogboy, I realize it is easier said than done, but don't take crappy posts here so personally.  Just remember, there are a lot of idiots in the world.  Those idiots become highly concentrated on the internet.  And idiots really aren't worth wasting your breath (or typing) on.  There are many discussions I have stopped responding to or looking at simply because the stupidity level was getting too high.

Have a great day !

June 2, 2015 9:28:41 AM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

June 2, 2015 9:36:16 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

+ a google (or so...might be underestimating).

June 2, 2015 9:39:54 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Agreed.

June 2, 2015 9:50:22 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I myself am playing both Galciv 2 Ultimate and Galciv 3 on alternate days.

The more you get into both, the more you realise both are quite unique yet with similar addictive mechanics.

There is just something drug-like induced into Galciv. I need a doc.

June 2, 2015 10:28:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

June 2, 2015 10:45:09 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Agreed !!! Great Job guys

June 2, 2015 10:46:06 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Stardock is one of the best companies I've ever had the privilege to buy from.

Nobody is perfect, GalCiv3 isn't perfect and won't ever be, but it will get the love it deserves. I'll always remember Elemental's release, it was FUBAR, and the subsequent apology and free expansions I got for it. I don't need perfection I need a company courageous enough to stand by their mistakes and make things right, which SD has always done.

And for the record, I don't think GalCiv3's release has been in anyway messed up in any way, certainly not by any standard for today's games.

Thank you for the great games!

June 2, 2015 11:33:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Ill chime in. I think all the developers are doing a fantastic job. 

The very fact that Frogboy takes time to actually post on someones thread is pretty telling. I consider him far ahead of the pack in terms of game Ai development! Please keep of the GREAT work and know that hundreds of us back you and your work!

/signed....

June 2, 2015 12:40:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Here! Here!

June 2, 2015 12:54:47 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Agreed, thanks for the game.  I am having much fun!

June 2, 2015 1:22:28 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I agree, great post Seilore.

I've enjoyed this journey from Alpha (though you might not know it since I changed my user name and finally uploaded a picture)--and I've enjoyed seeing how our comments have been taken into consideration. Seeing the development process has been a real joy, and knowing that the future of the game is in such good hands ensures loads of fun going forward. I just wish I had an extra 5 or 6 or 10 hours each day to give to the game.

Thanks for the great work!

June 2, 2015 1:48:54 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Props to Frogboy and the entire Stardock team. I appreciate what GalCiv3 already is, and I thank all of you for the commitment you've made...putting yourself out there with the promise of things to come. I am anticipating the game I'll be playing in 6 months, almost as much as I anticipated the initial release.

June 2, 2015 1:49:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting chanbrothers,

I myself am playing both Galciv 2 Ultimate and Galciv 3 on alternate days.

The more you get into both, the more you realise both are quite unique yet with similar addictive mechanics.

Hey that also puts you in a good position to be able to see all the little info screens and widgets from 2 that have yet to migrate over to 3 so you can come to the forums and request them.

Also always be sure to work in as much of the expansion features from 2 as you can into your requests when making a request for 3 so we can yank as much of that content as possible out of them for free before we have to start dishing out expansion pack cash

hehehe

June 2, 2015 1:57:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It's lunch and I decided to read on the forums. Good post. I was disappointed to see Frogboy "check out" the other day. Hopefully, the rest of the SD team will let him know about this thread. 

Like Frogboy, I own and run a software development company. We have about 30 employees but we focus on business software. I wish I had decided to write game software in my youth instead of just playing them and doing business software. While we get to do some cool things (Genetic Algorithms) and even use the infamous A* for routing of real world people and objects, I would have loved to been on his the fence.  I play games to keep my mind fresh and to get ideas. Often times, I see a great interface idea for presenting data in the business environment.

I appreciate all the hard work the SD team does more than they know. I know how hard it can be to get everything my customers want in the software we write and it is NEVER done. Someone, somewhere will always find a new creative way to break something, or have an awesome feature or take on things, or find a typo, or external factors will force a change to something that was previously stable. (like a video card not telling the truth about it's capabilities)

I find it amazing that people believe that small investment of $50 to $100 gives them license to be belligerent, hateful, obtuse, and unreasonable.  Do you really think that I would enter into a trade with you for a mere $50 that then somehow entitles you to act all Drengini to me? 

All that to say, Please don't check out. Please don't let the naysayers and complainers get to you. Those of us who understand and are true fans have nothing but appreciation for everyone at Stardock.  

Keep up the good work, I know that Stardock will uphold my faith, they have been doing so since I was running OS/2.  I know most of the things that bug us, bug you also. I know that you have plans and no amount of me complaining, or hoping or wishing, can suddenly make all those plans come true. Only time will do that. 

Best Regards. 

June 2, 2015 4:02:23 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Good thread. Sometimes I think that being a game developer can a frustrating experience, as regardless of how much work and passion you put on your game, there will always be those who will come in and just throw arrogant or ignorant negative reviews endlessly, and as was already said, negative points are much more noticeable than the positive ones.

That's why I see the importance in this thread, so to show to the devs that many of us do care and love them. And kudos to Brad and anyone who worked alongside him in creating Stardock and GalCiv.

Now go back to work on the next expansion, filthy slaves.

June 2, 2015 4:20:44 PM from Stardock Forums Stardock Forums

You guys are doing a great job with GC3 and yes there is still work that needs to be done on it but you guys are getting there and I do believe that this game will grow into one of the best Space Turn-based 4X games to date.  Keep up the good work.

June 2, 2015 4:48:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

It`s a great game, I`ve said so before and i`ve always liked Gal Civ`s way of doing things. Well done to the Devs who made it and patches can only improve. Well done.

That said, I`m not going to wet myself over prasing them. Maybe some of you are still very young, but we all have skills that we are good at, no one should be raised on a pedestal. Maybe if they were modders doing it for free, but they`re not and we must pay for the enjoyment. To be honest, I don`t think they would want us to be so sycophantic.

June 2, 2015 4:57:09 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm in

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0002063   Page Render Time: