What IS Gauntlet's Race Mod?
Gauntlet's Race Mod is the premier custom race mod for Galactic Civilizations 3 and also provides an array of additional content to improve your game experience. GRM now requires Galactic Civilizations version 1.7 or higher, Galactic Civilizations: Mercenaries, and works best if you have both the Mega Events and Revenge of the Snathi DLC (though these may not be necessary).
22 Custom Ship Styles that the AI will use!
24 Custom Races using the above
40+ Ship Appearances
15+ Minor Races (who start with some colony ships!)
40+ Race Portraits
40+ Race Logos
Modifies the racial abilities to condense the list and generally, allow your custom races to be more special.
Replaces the Pirates with GRM ships! Also, gives the pirates a Survey Ship for each pirate base. This greatly enhances the Pirates by allowing them to gain additional ships, bringing them into conflict with you over the anomalies, and by granting them the occasional colony ship.
DOWNLOAD THE MOD HERE!
Installation instructions here:
KNOWN ISSUES and USE
1) If you use this mod for your own ships/races/etc. a brief credit to this mod is appreciated.
2) All of my ships are animated to move, and when you add functional components, I never intended for those to be visible. Recommend you use the tiniest scale for functional components and attach to the undersides of ships, this will be the easiest method to attach, without turning off animations. Its also not my fault that the pause feature for animations is less than useful. Also, you might want to turn ship-trails off, I use engines as parts in turrets and hulls, it can be distracting.
3) If you experience performance issues, it is most likely the result of the heavy use of animations in any/all of my ship models, or otherwise GC3's general issues. There are currently no plans to produce a "low performance" version of this mod. I recommend either playing with less total races, less races utilizing the ship sets, or otherwise upgrading your PC. I've never had an issue, but I have a Quad Core 3.5 GHZ processor, 16 GB of Ram, and a 4 GB video card. If you have issues, please feel free to share your PC stats so that I can narrow in on when issues appear.
4) Default ship designs will only animate a kinetic attack. This is a limitation on Stardock's end with modding custom shipsets. The ships still function perfectly fine. Also Ship trails look a little funky with some ships, I recommend turning them off.
5) Under no circumstances may you upload any of these ship designs to Steam.
Please reach out and report any glitches/bugs, any ships with clipping or other issues. Also it would be great, if you end up adding to the designs using the custom components, for you to share them with the community! Please credit the mod if you do!
Special thanks to R3bel02 for some of his logos, JP193 for submitting a design via the contest, and Dumhead and his Guide to creating Ship Sets!
Thanks for reading, and stay tuned for more!