Customisable start

By on September 23, 2014 9:26:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

allie-cat

Join Date 05/2014
+2

One thing I'd like to see, if it's not too late, is the ability to start from any tech level, by points buying.

There could also be a sliding scale of existing infrastructural development, so for example 1 on the scale would be the default starting compliment ie 1 survey ship 1 scout ship 1 colony ship 1 shipyard, but 2 would be 2 colony ships and a constructor, 3 maybe 3 colony ships 2 constructors, etc etc

Locked Post 6 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 23, 2014 9:36:56 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Also money. The starting financial stockpile should be customisable as well, so you could effectively have points buying of planetary infrastructure and military

September 23, 2014 1:05:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Sounds like what was in galciv2 already. I will believe a improved version of this will be Implemented?

DARCA.

September 23, 2014 6:02:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

GC II let you start a game and then take your 'points' and assign them to various skills or abilities. This gave much needed flavor to any base temp let race such as Terrans. As an example you could take the Government perk that gave you +20% to economy and also get more points for another 25%. I would often take this because at early-mid game I would be BROKE to the point I could not build any ships or any buildings. This often caused me to slide all research and production to ZERO and spam turns  while the population of the planets I recently colonized built back up. 

There have been statements by the Developers stating that such a system will be in but much better. We will get TWO super abilities each and you can then go on to pick others if you are so inclined. 

September 23, 2014 7:45:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool not really what I have in mind though. You know like how Civ games allow you to have a late start? I'm thinking like that, but with more flexibility 

September 23, 2014 9:42:33 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums
The only thing about multiple super abilities is I hope the ai gets just as many as I have. I think this could be a scenario where you start at a advance level. I like the idea of having an option to start at the beginning or an advance start
September 24, 2014 5:13:09 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting admiralWillyWilber,

The only thing about multiple super abilities is I hope the ai gets just as many as I have.

They will. Each Civ will have 2 by default. That way, assuming there are no duplicate traits between civs and no custom-civ-only traits, there will be 120 possible combinations.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: