galciv 3 non steam

By on September 18, 2014 6:22:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

danielost

Join Date 07/2003
+38

I downloaded galciv3 on steam but it won't run because it has no exacutable file.  can yhou halp?

Locked Post 35 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
September 18, 2014 9:15:33 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Are you running a 64-bit OS?

What is the exact error youa re getting?

September 19, 2014 3:36:59 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting satoru1,

Are you running a 64-bit OS?

Makes sence. The exe could not find the OS files it needed so no go.

September 19, 2014 8:35:54 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think it is 64 bit 4 gig computer.  I looked in the folder and there is no files for galciv 3 at all.  just for direct x. using window seven withsecurity turned off.

September 19, 2014 9:12:36 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I would go ahead and make a ticket for it. You can find the links and stuff in the support faq

September 19, 2014 9:22:39 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

That's typical if you are not running 64-bit.  I'd verify that first.

September 19, 2014 9:50:33 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

You should right click on "computer" from the start menu and select properties. Then find "system type" It should say 64-bit operating system.

September 19, 2014 10:48:52 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

it sis 32 bit sorry

September 19, 2014 11:06:55 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yep, you are going to need to upgrade your computer to 64 bit.

banned for not upgrading your computer

September 21, 2014 9:19:18 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Glad to see you're back Danielost, its been years, no?

DARCA

September 21, 2014 9:20:44 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Banned for not updating your avatar.

September 22, 2014 1:32:45 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Welcome back Danielost

DARCA - Banned for Double posting!

September 22, 2014 2:58:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I would like to repeat, and emphasize, a previous request I made to have GC3 report in a window before going down any time it is started on a system that does not meet the minimum operating criteria. A 32bit operating system is certainly one case of many.

Knowing why it won't run on one's system is much better than having someone screaming and cussing about how bad your product is.

September 22, 2014 3:17:29 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Galactic Civilization III (64 bit)

September 22, 2014 9:25:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Ryat,

Yep, you are going to need to upgrade your computer to 64 bit.

He doesn't have to upgrade his computer, just his OS. Computer hardware has been 64 bit for a long time now.

Quoting Lucky Jack,

I would like to repeat, and emphasize, a previous request I made to have GC3 report in a window before going down any time it is started on a system that does not meet the minimum operating criteria. A 32bit operating system is certainly one case of many.

Knowing why it won't run on one's system is much better than having someone screaming and cussing about how bad your product is.

Better yet, in this case, would be a warning when someone is trying to actually install it that the OS doesn't meet the requirements. No point in spending the time trying to put it on your system in the first place if it's not going to work.

September 23, 2014 2:33:09 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Belanos,

Better yet, in this case, would be a warning when someone is trying to actually install it that the OS doesn't meet the requirements. No point in spending the time trying to put it on your system in the first place if it's not going to work.

Better yet would be a check by Steam to see if you have the pre-reqs or not before you paid for it. But then, that would be a requirement on Steam, and can anyone get them to implement it?

September 23, 2014 6:04:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Better yet would be users who are aware of what they are purchasing, and not quite the universal reliance on it being someone else's fault for every mistake made.  This is the kind of mind set that leads to safety warnings not to use a hot iron on the clothes you are presently wearing. 

September 23, 2014 11:07:07 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Better yet have a game that will scan you system then adjust itself to make full use of all your hardware. Or the opposite scale itself down for you.  I would like to get what I paid for in computing.

September 24, 2014 2:55:22 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Better yet one karma to the next person that starts their post with "better yet"!

September 24, 2014 2:57:26 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I win!

really, the neeaxt person...and one can wish to reward me as well.

DARCA

September 24, 2014 8:58:41 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

This is all we can do on Steam to display 64bit is required.

req

September 24, 2014 11:28:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I wasn't blaming just asking.  I thought I had the requirements needed to run the game.  but, it would have been nice to have been notified that the file hadn't completed the download.

September 24, 2014 12:38:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think the issue might be people might not know that their version of XP isn't 64-bit

September 24, 2014 12:46:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting danielost,

I wasn't blaming just asking.  I thought I had the requirements needed to run the game.  BETTER YET, it would have been nice to have been notified that the file hadn't completed the download.

Congratulations on winning the playerless*! :/ Competition!

DARCA.

September 24, 2014 1:42:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting DARCA1213,

I win!

really, the neeaxt person...and one can wish to reward me as well.

DARCA

Better Yet, if someone planning to purchase new games/programs actually checked if their comp ticks all the requirements before purchasing it?

I win   lol

September 25, 2014 2:04:27 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Better yet, second place winner! (ironically the only person willing to play...)

DARCA

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000203   Page Render Time: