Galactic Civilizations III Beta Now Available

By on August 13, 2014 11:57:21 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

We’ve officially launched the beta! Bells are ringing, birds are singing, and it’s a beautiful day to dig up the archives of a forgotten race’s reality TV shows and use them to placate a restive populace that for some reason doesn’t see the value in mandatory six-month stints working the factories of the nearest forgeworld.

To all of our Founders, thank you so much for your early support. Elite Founders, your feedback and bug reporting has been invaluable in getting Galactic Civilizations III ready for a wider audience. Fire up your Steam client, and it should patch your install to the beta automatically.

To anyone waiting for Galactic Civilizations III to be regular price before diving in, you’ll have to wait a little longer. Sadly, the game is $44.99 during the beta rather than its regular $49.99 price. We beg your forgiveness.

Follow the development of Galactic Civilizations III throughout the beta, ask the team your questions live, and get sneak peeks of upcoming builds every Friday on the official Stardock Twitch channel.

The Galactic Civilizations III beta includes:

• Race-specific tech trees – Each race discovers the secrets of creation in its own way. Look out for Drengin invasions a whole age before anyone else can pull one off.

• Ideology rework – Get an entire invasion fleet for free, take control of all planets inside your sphere of influence, and more!

• Huge hulls – For when you absolutely, positively, have to kill every last filthy alien in the quadrant.

• New colonization events – Thirty more events will challenge your ideology whenever you bring the light of civilization to a new world.

• Terraforming – Maximize your adjacency bonuses by filling in gaps on your colonies with SCIENCE!

• Map features – Durantium, Elerium, and Antimatter are now on the map, waiting to be harvested by your starbases. Watch out for black holes!

• So much more – reworked planet traits, shipyard queues, automatic improvement upgrading, tons of new art, vastly improved rendering (ships are so shiny now!), the list goes on.

Read the full patch notes here.

Not a Founder? No problem! The Founders program has concluded, but you can purchase Galactic Civilizations III during the beta for $5 off the regular price right here.

Happy conquering!

Locked Post 46 Replies +1 Karma
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
12cfoster
August 14, 2014 5:25:13 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yepee yeah. Already asked my girlfriend to turn on the computer to start the download while I'm at work. 

August 14, 2014 6:12:02 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I would love to play the beta but someone forgot to send out the game codes for the founder edition. Come on Stardock you've had my money long enough now provide what I paid for

August 14, 2014 6:15:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think it's pretty poor to make the "Early Access" page available on steam, without first providing the "Founder" members access to their keys.

August 14, 2014 6:22:07 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I agree. Stardock have really disappointed us this time. Obviously only care about the elite founders.

August 14, 2014 6:32:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I have the founders edition I bought in febuary, I'm still waiting on my key considering I bought it through stardocks store -long before they put it on steam early access- and only now are they going "BETA! You can play now" well then, where is my key, as I am supposed to have one for my founders edition pre-order.......

August 14, 2014 6:37:52 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Where is my Key for the Beta?

August 14, 2014 6:44:18 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Where is my key? How i get it? Furthermore, i dont receive any email telling me that the beta starts and in the stardock page i read this: "

Galactic Civilizations III: Founder's Edition

Coming Soon

Please use Steam to register your product key and download this software. Login to your existing Steam account (or create a new one), select the "Games" tab and "Activate a product on Steam..." menu item."
August 14, 2014 6:45:12 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

You people complaining about not getting keys, you didn't take care of this before now?  Who did you contact in support?  Did you attempt to fix the situation before beta release day?

August 14, 2014 6:50:44 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I guess we will get the key today?

August 14, 2014 6:51:19 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

how are we supposed to know before release date?? founders arent supposed to have acces before beta so it was logic to have no key, now that its out thought its different!

August 14, 2014 6:51:23 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

More gameplay:

August 14, 2014 7:00:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yup,

I am a founder and I have no key. Sucks to be me.

August 14, 2014 7:04:29 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

You are not alone

KEY KEY KEY

August 14, 2014 7:08:02 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting TheTrueMoses,

Login with your stardock account on www.stardock.com and click on Download.

You will see all the game you have purchased from stardock and the steam key for Galactic Civilization III must be there.

It is how we proceed to register alpha with elite founder's program

August 14, 2014 7:11:40 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yea,

Stardock makes is hard to love. I brought into this 4 months (or so) ago because I know it will be good/great game. Now is launched in Steam before I can have it. Come on guys, I lived though the Elemental War on Magic pain, show some love to your supporters.

August 14, 2014 7:13:05 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Arioch2050,

You will see all the game you have purchased from stardock and the steam key for Galactic Civilization III must be there.

I'm in my stardock account and a "coming soon" appears...

August 14, 2014 7:14:30 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

All,

I just re-log ed twice.

August 14, 2014 7:14:43 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Arioch2050,

Quoting TheTrueMoses,

There is no key.

Galactic Civilizations III: Founder's Edition

Coming Soon

Please use Steam to register your product key and download this software. Login to your existing Steam account (or create a new one), select the "Games" tab and "Activate a product on Steam..." menu item.
August 14, 2014 7:20:00 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

With the greatest of respect to those people supporting Stardock it is quite clear they have made a monumental muck up and not given product codes to anyone who purchased the non elite edition. It is an example of a company who cant be bothered to fulfil their contractual obligations. We only want what we have paid for

August 14, 2014 7:46:11 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

All,

My key just arrived, cheers Stardock! Anyone with issues, try refreshing your download page in MyDownloads and product key (for me) only just appeared.

See you all in space.

August 14, 2014 7:47:17 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

ITS THEIR GUYS!! !!!!!! quite crying and get to playing we have bin answered!!! thanks a lot if anyone from stardock read this !!!!!

August 14, 2014 7:50:17 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Just reloaded the My Account page and my beta key appeared.

August 14, 2014 8:07:27 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hail to Stardock! x)

August 14, 2014 10:58:12 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm glad you have all received your key. Sorry I didn't understand that the key was not in your starkdock page. I thought that you wait for it in your email or something like that.

Have fun with the game

August 14, 2014 11:37:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I got the original GalCiv when it first came out, and also have GalCiv2.

The new one looks great, can't wait until I get home and load it up.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001078   Page Render Time: