Galactic Civilizations III Beta 1 Patch Notes

By on August 13, 2014 11:26:19 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

Galactic Civilizations III Beta 1 Patch Notes

For more on Beta 1, click here.

New Features

• Updated ideology system adds lots of new ideologies with unique benefits
  • New Terran tech tree, for balanced gameplay
  • New Altarian tech tree, for better access to mysticism, defense and influence
  • New Drengin tech tree, for when you just want to kill something
  • New Iridium tech tree, for earlier access to economic and production abilities
  • Added shipyard construction queue
  • Added black holes. Black holes are impassable but the only source of antimatter
  • Added the approval system. Now your people judge how you are doing, which affects their productivity and growth
  • Added terraforming, to optimize your worlds and open up new areas to build improvements and give adjacency bonuses
  • Added improvement upgrading
  • Planet generation finalized: Planet traits finalized, planet features finalized, planet light map is now working with population
  • Ships can now be upgraded
  • Added huge ships to give players more weapons in the late game
  • Added 30 more colonization events
  • Added the antimatter resource. This is needed for some of the advanced missile and point defense augments
  • Elerium resource can now be harvested. Elerium is used for advanced beam weapons and shield augments
  • Durantium resource can now be harvested. Durantium is used for advanced kinetic weapons and armor

Balance

• Complete rebalance
  • Map generation pass: Better randomization, more clumping, and players start further from each other

UI

• Tons of new art (starbases, icons, lighting and ships all look much better)
  • Rendering system finalized
  • Lighting finalized
  • Added a new starbase screen
  • Added the ship and fleet detail screens
  • Updated planet screen
  • Added lots of tooltips (even more will be coming)
  • Added the faction power list so you can see how well you are doing compared to other players
  • Added a "Research Unlocked" popup screen that displays the results of the tech you gained, and what it does

AI

• The AI knows how to upgrade ships
  • Added difficulty levels (Beginner, Normal, Heroic, Genius, and Godlike)
Locked Post 58 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
August 14, 2014 4:08:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

so excited!

August 14, 2014 4:26:46 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Just downloaded this, looking forward to playing it tonight

With the difficulty levels...I know the AI hasn't been worked on much yet, are those difficulties just giving the AI a bunch on bonuses at this point to try and even it out a little?

August 14, 2014 4:33:41 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

When will be available for beta Founder standard  (40$) ?

August 14, 2014 4:44:04 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My internet is slow but it will be finished by the time I wake up!

in fact, over the next two weeks I may be walking stable again and go to the state fair and play galciv and ride my bike* and be really happy again. Thanks guys!

DARCA.

August 14, 2014 5:04:42 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hooray!

August 14, 2014 5:38:11 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Patching! *droll*  "(ships are so shiny now!)" i'll pass even more time to design ships *Q*

August 14, 2014 9:27:57 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Why was linking star bases to resources removed?

August 14, 2014 10:03:22 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Nogodexist,

I'm getting the same thing. Was the mechanics of this changed? Maybe a pre-requisite tech I'm missing?

August 14, 2014 10:10:27 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting satoru1,

Quoting Nogodexist,

I'm getting the same thing. Was the mechanics of this changed? Maybe a pre-requisite tech I'm missing?

I have all research tech tree unlocked and I can't work out how to get resources any more.

August 14, 2014 10:18:24 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Nogodexist,

I have all research tech tree unlocked and I can't work out how to get resources any more.

A lot of the UI has changed so maybe we're just missing what's going on?

August 14, 2014 10:20:40 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting satoru1,

Quoting Nogodexist,

We are meant to add the mining ring module to the starbase. But all modules are greyed out and not usable.

August 14, 2014 10:30:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Looks like happiness was added to the planets as well. Love the extra stuff added. My only criticism in a quick run before going to work was it seems there are an awful lot of black holes. There were 4 in my area of 12 or so explored stars! Perhaps it was an aberration.

August 14, 2014 11:35:04 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yes! 

August 14, 2014 11:42:51 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Nogodexist,

Quoting satoru1,

Quoting Nogodexist,

We are meant to add the mining ring module to the starbase. But all modules are greyed out and not usable.

Dock another constructor at your starbase and you will be able to add a mining ring.

August 14, 2014 12:01:40 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

What is "Population Pressure" does that mean my population is too high or too low?

August 14, 2014 1:11:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Population Pressure means your pop is nearing your food cap, aka your planet is getting more crowded, which lowers approval.

The idea as I understand it is to create some tension between building up your core worlds and settling new ones (building colony ships to ship some of those people offworld).

August 14, 2014 1:23:23 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting abiessener,

Population Pressure means your pop is nearing your food cap, aka your planet is getting more crowded, which lowers approval.

The idea as I understand it is to create some tension between building up your core worlds and settling new ones (building colony ships to ship some of those people offworld).

The problem with this mechanic is that eventually you will run out of planets to colonize and nowhere to send extra population.

August 14, 2014 1:25:46 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Rhonin_the_wizard,

Quoting abiessener,

The problem with this mechanic is that eventually you will run out of planets to colonize and nowhere to send extra population.

But your pop will cap at some point, it doesn't keep growing forever.

August 14, 2014 1:52:53 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting charon2112,
But your pop will cap at some point, it doesn't keep growing forever.

I mean that Population Pressure will keep affecting approval and I have no way of minimizing it's effect, as I can only build the Entertainment Network once per planet. Granted there may be some other tech and I haven't researched it.

Another thought on approval. I noticed that selecting Economic Stimulus improved approval more than Festival.

A small complaint, I noticed that after I started building a unique building like Restaurant of Eternity, it would still appear in the improvements list of other planets. I'd prefer if it was removed after starting to build one.

August 14, 2014 2:16:37 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

launches the opening video then crashes. If you press esc or click the mouse button during the videos it goes to a white screen and crashes.

August 14, 2014 2:25:08 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Ship Builders Back up your files and read post about it 

Nasty!

August 14, 2014 2:37:28 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Installing now! After the look wait, I can finally play the game!

August 14, 2014 2:50:03 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So I down loaded Beta, Is this post about an 'additional' patch to the existing beta I downloaded or its just 'Beta'?

I ask because I downloaded at 5am pacific time and left for work. Was there an additional patch to game?

August 14, 2014 3:00:23 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

woo

August 14, 2014 7:15:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting thejamus,

Quoting Nogodexist,

Quoting satoru1,

Quoting Nogodexist,

Dock another constructor at your starbase and you will be able to add a mining ring.

Thank you very much. Please add that to the release notes as many people won't know this new feature.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000391   Page Render Time: