Elite Founder Star Naming is Live!

By on April 2, 2014 11:44:06 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums External Link

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

Elite Founders can submit their star names – and their names to be included in the special thanks credit – for Galactic Civilizations III today. Simply head to http://www.galciv3.com/nameastar and login with your Stardock account (that you purchased the Elite Founders edition with) to submit your names.

Please note that any content Stardock deems inappropriate will invalidate your entire submission. We keep open minds and Galactic Civilizations III is certainly not a series that takes itself so seriously that we have to outlaw anything funny or off-beat, but profanity, trademark- or copyright-infringing content, or any kind of slurs or hate speech will not be accepted.

Star naming and special-thanks credits submissions will remain open until the alpha ends and beta begins, which will likely be toward the end of May. Please remember that any plan can be derailed in the face of the realities of game development, but that’s the timeframe we’re aiming for.

Many thanks to all of our Founders for their support. Your feedback, both on the official forums or via the Galactic Civilizations III Steam forums, has already been extremely helpful in making this the best game it can possibly be.

Not an Elite Founder? Buy or upgrade now to get alpha access, star naming rights, and more.

Locked Post 122 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
April 2, 2014 11:57:44 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awesome Glad I have a bit of time to think about it, still having trouble coming up with something.

Also liking how we can see the approved names.

April 2, 2014 12:19:22 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Mine cannot be denied.

*gets denied* 

Good opportunity to check some "Elite numbers" too.

April 2, 2014 1:01:33 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Love being impulsive 

Edit: scrolling the names isnt working for me. last line is only half visable.

April 2, 2014 1:21:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Nukar,

Love being impulsive 

What browser/version are you using?

April 2, 2014 1:25:11 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I found this also. It seems that I refreshed when they were in the process of updating the name list.

April 2, 2014 1:31:25 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting abiessener,

Quoting Nukar, reply 3
Love being impulsive 

What browser/version are you using?

Chrome 33.0.1750.154 m

on laptop with resolution: 1366 x 768

reloading the page (with new login) helped

April 2, 2014 1:38:40 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hey need some help here for a star name- How (nickname), Ion or prime? 

April 2, 2014 1:41:39 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

So we get to discover Cthulhu and Gallifrey.

April 2, 2014 1:47:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

sooo many restrictions.. I've got to get approval from Stardock and my wife... what am I to name my star...

April 2, 2014 1:47:10 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Are spaces allowed in star names (like in GC2, Alpha Centauri)? I tried "'Fine di Arcobaleno" and it was rejected.

April 2, 2014 1:47:51 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

No spaces captain. Ok screw it IonPrime it is.

April 2, 2014 2:18:09 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I am tempted to simply name my star Evil  

April 2, 2014 2:29:12 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Wow. This starname list is going to become unwieldy if it is not alphabetized.

April 2, 2014 3:15:01 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I just checked and see 111 star names already approved.

April 2, 2014 3:27:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I submitted my star name, hope to see it in game one day.

April 2, 2014 3:42:42 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Anyone else annoyed by the restrictions (no spaces, only first letter capitalized, no numbers)?  I was hoping to do something in the style of Worf 359 and now I can't.  Also because of the no spaces rule, we're going to have these odd 2 or 3 word names jammed into a single messy word.  Can we loosen the restrictions a little here Stardock?

April 2, 2014 3:47:14 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool.Cant wait to see star system HitlerStalin Ingame.

April 2, 2014 3:55:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

The site (and much of GalCiv3.com) isn't working for me on Chrome

Hope this stays open long enough to fix my problems

EDIT; it's a problem with my ISP, but still, hope this stays open for a while.

April 2, 2014 4:30:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I ended up naming mine Blork, but I will forever regret not Using  Imastar.  ( someone plz use that one )

Someone named his star Bob.

April 2, 2014 5:24:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hi for our credits names is it ok to put your first name in the first box (i assume that's fine lol) and in the second box write our surname followed by a space then a nickname in brackets in the same surname box?

thanks in advance

April 2, 2014 5:38:44 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

More than 140 names so far.

April 2, 2014 6:00:03 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awsome can not wait to see what star names have been submitted.

April 2, 2014 6:24:50 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I NOTICED SOMEONE STOLE THE NAME PARAGON FROM ME.

I WILL PAINT THE WALLS WITH YOUR BLOOD, VILE FIEND.

At least now we have Paragon and Renegade in the game at once

April 2, 2014 6:29:14 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well my star name has been submitted Can't wait to see it.

April 2, 2014 6:49:03 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Windisch,

Anyone else annoyed by the restrictions (no spaces, only first letter capitalized, no numbers)?  I was hoping to do something in the style of Worf 359 and now I can't.  Also because of the no spaces rule, we're going to have these odd 2 or 3 word names jammed into a single messy word.  Can we loosen the restrictions a little here Stardock?

Yes, very much so. Especially since the star names table that came with Alpha build 1 has star names with spaces in it.

---------------------from file "StarNamesText.xml

<StringTable>
    <Label>RANDOM_STAR_NAME_389</Label>
    <String>Delta Ceti</String>

-----------------------------

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108432  walnut2   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001844   Page Render Time: