First Galactic Civilizations III Gameplay Video

By on March 24, 2014 2:32:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+39

Check out a full playthrough of the Galactic Civilizations III alpha, edited down to a two-minute narrated video:

Questions? Ask ‘em here. I’d give you the save file for turn one to see if you could beat my time to victory, but a) I’m 100% certain someone could and it’s from an older build and won’t load in the build Elite Founders are getting access to on Thursday.

Thursday is GC3 alpha day, everybody! Are you stoked? Because I am stoked.

Also, writing, recording, editing, and cutting your own voiceover is an interesting process. Just sayin’.

78 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
March 24, 2014 2:33:02 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

?@!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

!!!!!!!!!!!!

March 24, 2014 2:36:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

This looks AWESOME!!!!

March 24, 2014 2:37:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool video! Needs moar details! Moar length! MOAR everything!

March 24, 2014 2:44:05 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ParagonRenegade,

Cool video! Needs moar details! Moar length! MOAR everything!

"Moar"?? It is obvious you don't mean "more", so what do you mean? Is this an acronym of some sort?

March 24, 2014 2:45:29 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Creepy heavy breathing.

and this comes to mind also. 

March 24, 2014 2:47:13 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I snagged a screenshot of the planet screen.

I like that we are able to play even after we achieve a victory condition. 

March 24, 2014 2:47:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

how can I save this video to my computer?

March 24, 2014 2:51:06 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Lucky Jack,

"Moar"?? It is obvious you don't mean "more", so what do you mean? Is this an acronym of some sort?

Old timers these days!  

"Moar" is just an asshole way of saying 'more'. It also just... feels right.

March 24, 2014 2:54:28 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Haha, I literally just came here to say "don't put too much stock in the planet screen, we're tearing it apart and reworking it pretty much as we speak."

But yeah, don't put too much thought into the planet screen. That one is super bonus awesome for missing the texture that should live behind the hex grid, but otherwise it's pretty much what you'll see on Thursday.

The final planet screen, however, will be much different and better organized in terms of how it presents information to you and lets you interact with it.

Such is the alpha lifestyle.

March 24, 2014 3:05:20 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting DARCA1213,

how can I save this video to my computer?

There are plugins in firefox that will let you.

March 24, 2014 3:53:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

The ship at 0:30 looks like a moth

March 24, 2014 4:01:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

When will founders elite get to put in star names

March 24, 2014 4:35:47 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Goudeau42,

When will founders elite get to put in star names

Brad said most likely summer time.

March 24, 2014 4:36:25 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Thursday, unless something blows up in testing. They won't be implemented in game for a while yet though.

March 24, 2014 5:07:08 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

On a similar subject. I found out we get a special thanks in the credits, will that be our real names or screen names? I hope it's our screen names.

March 24, 2014 5:09:15 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Cool I got a question if you don't mind.. Do borders work the same way as in GalCIv2? Other factions can colonize the colonized planets inside your border or no?

March 24, 2014 5:17:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'll only say that if my weakling of a videocard cannot handle the game at lowest settings ever, I'm going to cry. Blood.

On a side note, visually it looks really good for a pre-alpha. For a moment, one could forget that it's a work in progress.

March 24, 2014 5:38:38 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Well, it looks nice. The enthusiasm from the person in the video is obvious. Movement looks good.

The video doesn't really show much "gameplay" though. It's to be expected from a pre-alpha product, but I'm not feeling the same level of excitement out of it that others are.

March 24, 2014 5:50:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Anyone notice the resources (moral, research, etc.) appeared to be used like anomalies?

March 24, 2014 6:13:28 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I'm pretty happy with the look of alpha can't wait . Wonder when ship designer will be ready (my favorite part of game)

March 24, 2014 6:39:43 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting abiessener,

Thursday, unless something blows up in testing. They won't be implemented in game for a while yet though.

Guess I misunderstood what he meant in this thread: http://forums.galciv3.com/452505/page/1/#3450292 I thought he was saying we wouldn't submit them until the summer.

March 24, 2014 6:46:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I was planning to hold off on DLing this for a while, but AOW3 is a week away.

How big is the Alpha DL going to be?

March 24, 2014 7:46:49 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

AWESOME!

March 24, 2014 8:09:47 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting abiessener,

Gotta watch yourself with Snathi about, they may sneak in an atomic acorn.

March 24, 2014 8:22:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Great video... Thursday seems to be a day I'll get no work done...

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108431  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0001234   Page Render Time: