Alpha coming soon !?!

By on February 21, 2014 11:43:46 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

My Views an...

Join Date 05/2007
+1

I just received email that the time to sign up as founder and founder elite at discounted price is coming to an end because they are nearing launch of the Alpha. Last day to purchase at discounted price is March 2.  I hope that means the alpha is like March 3rd!

Locked Post 15 Replies
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
February 21, 2014 11:47:01 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

March 27th.

February 21, 2014 12:01:36 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Kantok,

March 27th.

Ref?  Or are you just guessing?

February 21, 2014 12:09:35 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I thought it was further out than that?

February 21, 2014 12:10:52 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting MottiKhan,

Quoting Kantok, reply 1
March 27th.

I don't have the source handy but this is the current expected date per Frogboy. It is subject to change, of course.

February 21, 2014 12:13:57 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Misaniovent,

I don't have the source handy but this is the current expected date per Frogboy. It is subject to change, of course.

Thanks, Misaniovent, and +1 karma.  

Also, +1 for Kantok for obvious reasons.    

February 21, 2014 1:28:33 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I have a question about alpha. Are the forum badges going to be different from each other (founder's & founder's elite) once alpha rolls around, or will there be a bunch of people pretending to play it?

February 21, 2014 2:00:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting ,

I just received email that the time to sign up as founder and founder elite at discounted price is coming to an end because they are nearing launch of the Alpha. Last day to purchase at discounted price is March 2.  I hope that means the alpha is like March 3rd!

It is only the discount on the standard founder's price that is ending.

"he limited availability of the regular Founder's Edition is coming to a close as we near the launch of the Galactic Civilizations III Founder's Alpha, which will go out exclusively to Elite Founders who purchased the $99 edition.

The last day to purchase the $39.99 Founder's Edition is March 2, 2014.

The $99 Elite Founder’s Edition, which includes all expansions and DLC we ever produce for Galactic Civilizations III and exclusive Alpha access, will continue to be available."

February 21, 2014 2:07:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Misaniovent,

Quoting MottiKhan, reply 2

Quoting Kantok, reply 1
March 27th.

Here is the link to the thread. Frogboy's statement is in reply #6.

"We now have an official date for the Alpha (as in, this has been set as much in stone as humanly possible): March 27." Notice the caveat "as humanly possible." Just in case the date slips a bit.

February 24, 2014 4:16:40 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Bah, sorry.  I meant to come back and update with a link when I had time and completely forgot.  

Thanks Lucky Jack.  

February 24, 2014 11:57:04 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

The Alpha is only for the founder's elite. The beta is for the founders.

February 25, 2014 9:10:25 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Will they just be emailing us a Steam key as it gets closer to the 27th?

February 25, 2014 9:20:13 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting amrbean,

Most likely, yes. 

March 1, 2014 8:19:59 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Lets hope!

March 1, 2014 8:43:21 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

The other way is to have us download it from a site and it is seen as software by steam.

That is what I did for Star Swarm Stress Test. ie that is what got me to download Catalyst 14.2

March 1, 2014 10:02:41 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Tridus,

Quoting amrbean, reply 11

Most likely, yes. 

I really can't imagine them sending us Steam keys before they have it ready to download and verified that the download works, so I wouldn't expect the e-mail until then.

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #101114  walnut1   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0003625   Page Render Time: