Qouting Froboy on the Alpha status
1. Multiplayer works. Great I hope it works
2. The AI colonizes planets, builds up planets, invades (poorly). Awesome to hear, don't want them invading anyways
a. Lots of missing UI elements. I'm sure it's a work in progress
b. Lots of missing features (previously mentioned as they won't be in until the beta) Not expecting everything.
c. Tech tree is very rough (this should be ready by alpha) Wouldn't be disappointed if there are still missing parts after all it's Alpha.
d. The visuals -- lighting and materials -- still need a lot of work. It's eye candy but we don't want ugly screenshots going out there.
Just don't post my picture and you'll be fine
e. Mini map is flaky. Would be nice to see this working, maybe with multi-screen support???
A couple surprises that I'm liking that I didn't realize I missed. Surprises always good :
1. The range of ships is represented by a nice dotted line which is actually quite nice. Just a nice touch. Sounds promising
2. The way your ZOC is represented is very nice. I'm lost don't know what "ZOC" is
3. There aren't sectors anymore and it looks better as a result (less on screen noise). I liked sectors but, I'll take your word for it.
4. The performance is way better than I would have expected. Means larger maps than originally thought ???
5. The economy system is working nicer than I would have expected this early. Economics always good, I'm happy to hear.