Welcome to Galactic Civilizations III!

By on October 15, 2013 11:37:28 AM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

abiessener

Join Date 01/2006
+46

We’re far from finished with Galactic Civilizations III, but we are thrilled to start sharing what the team has been hard at work on. You’ll have to forgive us for being a little cryptic about gameplay specifics that are still in development yet, but we hope you find the trailer an acceptable peace offering.

The whole point of Galactic Civilizations III is to live up to what our fans are hoping for without screwing up the core gameplay that make the franchise one of the highest-rated strategy series in history. So we’re adding hexes, because they make better maps. We’re putting new stuff out on the map besides anomalies, because it adds depth to how you explore and colonize the galaxy. Diplomacy and non-violent paths to victory have always been key aspects of Galactic Civilizations, so we’re adding tons more cool stuff to diplomacy (both mechanically and on the AI side) and adding more ways to interact beyond pushing your influence bubble into enemy territory.

And, of course, Galactic Civilizations III has fully featured online multiplayer. Yes, we heard you on that one.

There’s a lot more to talk about in the coming months, but for now I invite you to enjoy the trailer, read up on the lore and the history of the franchise, and browse through the FAQ. Whether or not you join the Founder’s program, we hope you’ll come back for more as we continue to pull back the curtain on Galactic Civilizations III.

Adam Biessener
Stardock

Locked Post 133 Replies +1
Search this post
Subscription Options

Reason for Karma (Optional)
Successfully updated karma reason!
October 15, 2013 12:17:35 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

First!

(always wanted to do that!)

October 15, 2013 12:41:18 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Hell yeah!!  Awesome news! 

October 15, 2013 12:41:59 PM from GalCiv II Forums GalCiv II Forums

Amazing news! I have been playing GalCiv2 on my Surface Pro, and I have been wondering when a new version might be coming since Strategy 4x titles mesh so well with touch devices. As I identified on an article I wrote here... http://www.denialesports.com/article/252-Microsoft-Surface--Strategy-Gamers

Can't wait to get my hands on the Alpha when its available, and (with Stardock's permission of course) stream it on Twitch.

October 15, 2013 12:42:47 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I've been waiting years for this game!

October 15, 2013 12:59:22 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Great news ;] but...

1. will it affect patching legendary heroes or slow it down in any way?

2. will ai live up to its succesor? there were some problems with it in legendary heroes

anyway, I'm excited as * ;]

October 15, 2013 12:59:58 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

omg omg omg omg omg squuuueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

October 15, 2013 1:03:34 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting darkgeck0,

Great news ;] but...

1. will it affect patching legendary heroes or slow it down in any way?

2. will ai live up to its succesor? there were some problems with it in legendary heroes

anyway, I'm excited as * ;]

Won't affect LH at all - different teams.

October 15, 2013 1:06:55 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Sweet! This is pretty exciting!

October 15, 2013 1:10:59 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I just ran down the street naked I'm so excited. I was apprehended but the cop let me go after I told him Gal Civ III was coming out.

October 15, 2013 1:20:13 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Yesssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited for this game.

October 15, 2013 1:24:46 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awesome! I've just been trying to buy the Founder's Elite edition.

However, I don't have a credit card. Is there another way to order GalCiv III at the moment?

October 15, 2013 1:26:16 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I never thought it would happen with all the legal stuff I had read. Looks like I may be returning again.

Been playing Distant Worlds for the last few years but I have waited so long for this and after all the good memories I have from here it would be a travesty not to.

Darkspire

October 15, 2013 1:40:31 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Major Stress Approves!

October 15, 2013 1:46:18 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting AlLanMandragoran,

I just ran down the street naked I'm so excited. I was apprehended but the cop let me go after I told him Gal Civ III was coming out.

I laughed pretty hard at this, thanks! 

October 15, 2013 1:46:27 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Founder's Elite purchased already woohoo!

October 15, 2013 1:48:37 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting mick9367,

However, I don't have a credit card. Is there another way to order GalCiv III at the moment?

You can also pay via Paypal.

October 15, 2013 1:50:15 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Looking forward to it. 

October 15, 2013 1:52:45 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Aw, man...I am beyond excited by this news.

Hey, Frogboy - is there a limit on how many Elite Founder's packages will be sold?  I need to wait until next paycheck, and I really, really don't want to miss out on that.

October 15, 2013 1:53:31 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Awesome news! Gal Civ II has been re-installed and $100 coming your way soon!

October 15, 2013 1:58:28 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Quoting Island Dog, reply 16

Quoting mick9367, reply 11

You can also pay via Paypal.

Thank you for the suggestion, I thought I needed a credit card anyway, but I was mistaken.

Thanks again, now waiting for Paypal to work...

Excited!

October 15, 2013 2:43:58 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I think we found whats chasing the vasari. But i am getting founder elite:)

October 15, 2013 3:18:33 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Bring it on!

October 15, 2013 3:30:17 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

How long will you guys be selling the founders elite?

October 15, 2013 4:50:26 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

Founder Elite. Boom!

October 15, 2013 5:04:00 PM from Galactic Civilizations III Forums Galactic Civilizations III Forums

I've wanted this game so badly, and here it is! I love Galactic Civilizations II and always wanted another turn-based strategy game of comparable size and scope. 

I am probably going to buy the Elite Edition. I love Stardock   !

Stardock Forums v1.0.0.0    #108433  walnut3   Server Load Time: 00:00:00.0000344   Page Render Time: